Israel & the Palestinians
High quality essays written by experts on Israel and the Middle East are presented. Essays discuss the history of Israel and Palestine, the reasons behind the ongoing conflicts there, and theories on how to create peace. Significant terms and historic events are also provided.
An Overview of Relations Between Israel and Palestine
The conflict is rooted in the question of whether the Palestinian people should be allowed to form their own independent country and government in an area that is currently part of...
READ MORE »
Moving toward peace in the Middle East.
U.S. Department of State Dispatch
Features the opening statements made by the President of the United States and the Prime Minister of Israel at a press conference in Jerusalem on...
Remarks on the Situation in the Middle East.
Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents
Presents the text of a speech given by U.S. President George W. Bush on April 4, 2002, which deals with the crisis in the Middle East.
What America Can Do.
Newsweek (Pacific Edition)
Contends that to contribute to the genuine progress in the Middle East, the United States must suggest a program that combines respect for Arab...
'I Can Make Peace.'
Presents an interview with Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon. His plan to protect Israel from attacks by Palestinians; His relationship to...
'WE ARE KIDNAPPED.'
Bulletin with Newsweek
Focuses on the escalating terrorism in the Middle East fueled by suicide attacks and guerrilla war between Israel and Palestine. Illustration of the...
ONE WAY OUT
Focuses on the developments related to the Palestinian uprising in Israel. Efficiency of diplomacy; Disputes between Palestinian President Yaser...
Towards a Comprehensive Rights-Based Strategy
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various articles within the issue on topics such as Palestine's global and transnational...
Duck and Cover
Describes a political cartoon on the Israeli-Palestinian armed conflict in the Middle East. Appeal of Crown Prince Abdullah of Saudi Arabia for the...
The World this week
Bulletin with Newsweek
Reports global developments related to politics as of April 23, 2002. Mediation of the U.S. in the Palestinian-Israeli conflict; Death of passengers...
Palestinian rivals sign agreement for unity government, Israel suspends peace talks
Arab American News
The article reports on the milestone reconciliation reached by Palestinian leaders in their April 23, 2014 meeting in Gaza that will see rival groups...
Four Things More Dangerous to Israel Than Iran's Civilian Nuclear Enrichment Program
The article highlights threats to Israel that will not be highlighted by Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on his speech before the U.S....
Israel to relax West Bank restrictions
New Jersey Jewish News
The article reports on the plan of the Israeli military to ease restrictions on the West Bank Palestinians which would allow Israeli tour guides to...
In Search of the Elusive Israeli Peace Partner
Washington Report on Middle East Affairs
The article reports that the Israeli peace camp has failed to become a significant political movement because it could not find a peace partner among...
Amendment of Palestinian Covenant
U.S. Department of State Dispatch
Presents an excerpt of a statement by the White House Press Secretary applauding the Palestine National Council's vote to revoke the sections of the...
Chronology of Events
Palestine-Israel Journal of Politics, Economics & Culture
Presents a chronology of events related to Palestine-Israeli's politics, economics, and culture as of January to April 2003. Deportation of seven...
Answers questions about the political histories of Israel and Palestine.
El islam polÃtico en la minorÃa palestina en Israel
Revista CIDOB d'Afers Internacionals
Political Islam is just another component of the political scenario of the Palestinian minority in Israel, together with Communists, Arab...
Economic Prospects for a One-State Solution in Palestine-Israel
Holy Land Studies: A Multidisciplinary Journal (Edinburgh Univer
This paper explores the economic underpinnings of a one-state solution in Israel/Palestine, a dimension that has rarely been addressed in the growing...
State-Building Can Pave the Way to Statehood
The article discusses state-building for Palestinian statehood as it shares lessons from Kurdistan. It claims that the Kurds have spent decades for...
Israeli Elections Won't End Oppression in Palestine/Israel
The article explains why Israeli elections will not end oppression and recognize equal rights for Palestinians in Palestine/Israel. It recalls that...
Israel & the Palestinians Articles A-Z
- `Intifadah' reignites in West Bank
- A Failing Peace
- A Man and His People
- A Product of the American Jewish Community
- A separate peace?
- Abbas Hardens His Stance on Palestinians' 'Right of Return'
- Abbas: Palestinians will never recognize Israel as Jewish state
- Adult Books: Nonfiction
- an innocent at home: a middle east retrospect
- An International Conference For Peace
- AN OLIVE BRANCH AND AN ARMY
- Annapolis: A Revolution of Concepts
- Another perspective on Middle East peace
- Ariel Sharon Outsmarts Bush and Arafat
- As Israeli-Palestinian talks sink, fringe ideas gain traction
- Barghouti calls for Palestinian popular resistance campaign
- Blaming Palestinians for fires part of Netanyahu's "strategy of incitement"
- Brief reviews: The Middle East
- Bush-Sharon Confrontation Looms
- Can Arabs Make Peace with Israel?
- CONDEMN THE ATTACKS
- Count Me In
- CREATING FACTS: ISRAEL, PALESTINIANS AND THE WEST BANKS (Book)
- Cuba: Palestinian prisoner day commemorated
- Cycle of hate
- Dark forces in the Holy Land
- DESCENT INTO HELL
- Divestment from Israel
- Doesn't Labor Know PA Rockets Could Destroy Tel Aviv?
- Encounter in Gaza
- Enlightenment through play
- Erekat's Assistant Arrested as Israeli Spy
- Ethnocracy, not democracy
- EUROPEAN POLL: ISRAEL "BIGGEST THREAT TO WORLD PEACE"
- Fateful choices for Shimon Peres
- Fateful Triangle: The United States, Israel and the Palestinians (Updated edition) By N oam C homsky . London: Pluto Press. 1999. Pp. 544. Price PB Â£14.99. 07453-1530-5
- Feeling winds of Arab Spring, Israel douses sparks of Palestinian uprising
- Gaza and Israel not equal: Israel is the aggressor
- Gaza/West Bank
- Hamas executes dozens accused of collaborating with Israel
- Historical Dynamics Shaping Palestinian National Identity
- How conflict remolded Dahlan's attitudes
- If Palestinians were human beings
- Impressions of a People Under Siege
- India Supports Israel-Palestinian Dialogue
- Innocent Israel
- Intifada: the future as history
- Intolerance in the name of advocacy
- Is Israel Poised for a New Round of Ethnic Cleansing?
- ISRAEL 55 YEARS LATER
- Israel agrees 72-hour truce in Gaza
- Israel and Palestine: Will national interest accord with diplomacy?
- Israel apologists defend the indefensible
- Israel balks at tax transfer in response to Palestinians' ICC bid
- Israel celebrates as Palestine dreams on
- Israel freed Palestinian prisoners
- Israel intel recruiting in Gaza; Abbas set to resign in 2010
- Israel pushes back on Palestinian bid for new UN status
- Israel Sanctions Palestinian Authority Following Unilateral Move
- Israel strikes at Palestinian nationalism itself
- Israel to repatriate Palestinian terroristsï¿½ bodies
- Israel to transfer Palestinian terroristsï¿½ bodies to PA
- Israel weighs up the options
- Israel's deadly lightweight
- Israel's Palestinian Minority: From 'Quietism' to Ethno-nationalism
- Israel's righteous fight
- Israel's risk
- Israel's Strategy for Combating Palestinian Terror
- Israel's War Against the Palestinians
- Israeli and Palestinian proposals for the West Bank
- Israeli Arabs: Living in limbo
- Israeli Cabinet resolution rejects U.N. vote on Palestinian status
- Jerusalem: Victim or conqueror?
- LAUREN booth
- Leaders & Revolutionaries: MAHMOUD ABBAS
- Leaders at Israel's Presidential Conference call for peace push
- Legal and Administrative Measures Impacting Residency Rights and Freedom of Movement Fragmentation of the Palestinian Population to Prevent Their Development
- Let us become victims again
- Letter from: Gaza
- LETTING GO
- Livni: Israel may not release last group of Palestinian prisoners
- Map Search
- Media bias
- Memory can turn men into heroes
- Mideast peace glimmers
- Mideast time line
- MIXED SIGNALS
- Mofaz, Abbas to meet in Ramallah
- Moscow backs Palestine's striving for dialogue with Israel
- Must Palestinians choose?
- Netanyahu hates Palestinians more than he cares for jews
- Netanyahu reaches out to Palestinians, calls for calm following official's death
- Netanyahu's New Clothes
- Nonviolent force
- Notes and Comment
- Outsiders' Identity: Are the Realities of 'Inside Palestinians' Reconcilable?
- P.A. to stop security coordination with Israel over official's death
- Palestine after Desert Storm
- Palestine Pays Salaries to Terrorists in Israeli Prisons
- Palestinian Authority Minister: Western Wall Must Be Under Our Rule
- Palestinian Authority to receive withheld tax revenues without Israeli deductions
- Palestinian chief taps radicals to press Israel on peace moves
- Palestinian Israelis taxed and squeezed
- Palestinian leader threatens to take settlements fight to world bodies
- Palestinian ministers
- Palestinian negotiator calls on PLO to retract recognition of Israel
- Palestinian party affiliation and political attitudes toward the peace process
- Palestinian Representative Speaks to National Press Club
- Palestinian rioters attack IDF outpost in Hebron
- Palestinian state won't bring peace
- PALESTINIAN STATEHOOD
- Palestinian stats: Arabs to outnumber Jews in Israel, West Bank and Gaza in 2016
- Palestinian unemployment sapping territories
- Palestinian-Israeli relations sour over security and settlements
- Palestinians Between Israel and Jordan: Squaring the Triangle
- Palestinians consider Mideast talks trump card: declaring statehood
- Palestinians expect Israel to take concrete steps at negotiations - diplomat
- Palestinians left high and dry
- Palestinians shell Israel territory in self-defense - ambassador
- PALESTINIANS SUFFER AS ISRAEL CLOSES DOORS TO ECONOMY
- Paying the price of settlements
- PEACE NOT
- Peace won't come to the Mideast until Palestinians love their children more than they hate Jews
- Plight of Palestinians
- PMA mulls end of shekel
- Protesting in Bethlehem
- Refugee Status
- Remembering a great disaster
- Reviews of books: Near East
- Rights as a Zero-Sum Game
- Russia urges Israel not to build homes on occupied Palestinian lands (Part 2)
- Russia urges Israel not to build homes on occupied Palestinian lands
- Screw Gazans, think of the kittens!
- Segregation, harassment mark Palestinian life
- Settlements as punishment?
- Sharing the Beach
- Sharon's Victory and Tight Bonds Between U.S. and Israel Hold Long-term Dangers
- Shorter notices
- Sleeping on a Wire: Conversations with Palestinians in Israel (Book)
- Soldier On
- Spreading Hunger Strike Nafha prison becomes a political rallying point
- Stalemate in the Middle East
- Struggle for Peace
- Talk of Expulsion More Ominous Than Ever
- That's Progress
- THE "PEACE PROCESS": DOWN AND OUT?
- The Arab Minority in Israel; Challenges and Limits in Recent Disciplinary Approaches
- The Binational State and the Reunification of the Palestinian People
- The culture of resistance: The 1967 war in the context of
- The Fateful Triangle (Book)
- The Forgotten Palestinians: A History of the Palestinians in Israel
- The Israeli State of Exception and the Case for Academic Boycott
- The Palestine Wound Festers, Always
- The Palestinian Labor Market in Israel: Between Globalization and Intifada
- The Planning Crisis in East Jerusalem: Understanding the Phenomenon of "Illegal" Construction
- The Quest for Peace between Israel and the Palestinians (Book Review)
- The Right of Return (I)
- The Right of Return (II)
- THE STATUS OF PALESTINIANS IN ISRAEL: 1948-OSLO
- The Story of a Silenced Palestinian Nightingale
- The Viability of the Palestinian State and Israel's Settlement Policy
- The Violence of Curfew
- The War's Effect on Palestinian Children
- The weight of one man's words: A guide to Arafat-speak
- The whole world isn't against us
- There Can Be No 'Return.'
- Thousands of Palestinians returned
- TOWARDS A TYPOLOGY OF POLITICAL TERRORISM: The Palestinian Resistance Movement
- Turn Swords Into Ballots
- Two Peoples...Two States
- Unequal Conflict: The Palestinians and Israel (Book)
- US presses for resumption of talks
- Victor and vanquished, entwined
- Visit helps American Palestinian reconnect with roots
- West Bank tension
- Whither the Zionist Dream?
- Why some Palestinians want to learn like Israelis