International Women's Day: Celebrating remarkable
- Personal dynamics as political participation. Miller, Robert L.; Wilford, Rick // Political Research Quarterly;Jun99, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p269
Reports on the responses of 1,404 women and 386 men to a probability sample survey of political attitudes and participation in Northern Ireland. Use of a broad definition of political activity that includes personal assertiveness in personal relationships; Family relationships as the center of...
- Great women, bad times. Ehrenreich, Barbara // Time;4/13/1998, Vol. 151 Issue 14, p171
Comments on women as activists in politics of the 20th century. The reason they are not well represented as leaders of the century; The suggestion there will be a greater number of female leaders in future centuries. INSET: The new faces of power.
- Setting the Agenda: The Success of the 1977 Israel Women's Party. Levin, Leah Simmons // Israel Studies;Fall99, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p40
Focuses on the representation of women in Israeli politics. Success of the Union of Hebrew Women for Equal Rights during elections; Encouragement for political participation of feminists; Activism of women in political issues.
- TROUBLED SISTERHOOD: WOMEN AND POLITICS IN SOUTHERN AFRICA. Geisler, Gisela // African Affairs;Oct95, Vol. 94 Issue 377, p545
Compares women's political non-participation in the Southern African countries of Zambia, Zimbabwe and Botswana. Limitations experienced by women politicians in the male-dominated party politics and government; Nature and reasons for divisions between women politicians and members of the...
- WILL WOMEN ELECT THE PRESIDENT? Thimmesch, Nick // Saturday Evening Post;Oct84, Vol. 256 Issue 7, p66
Reports on the clout of women's political participation which observers predict will become influential in electing presidents in the United States. Majority of voters in the country which comprise of women; Shifts in the role of American women in national politics; Impact of higher educational...
- `Incredible women' helped craft Clinton plan: Adviser. Gilbert, Evelyn // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;7/4/94, Vol. 98 Issue 27, p2
Reports on the involvement of women in the creation of United States President Bill Clinton's health care reform plan. Inter-agency task force headed by First Lady Hillary Clinton; Key elements of the plan; Other women participants in the reform plan.
- CONVENTIONAL POLITICAL INVOLVEMENT OF GREEK WOMEN. Papageorge-Limberes, Yota // Journal of Political & Military Sociology;Spring88, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p31
This paper examines the politicol involvement of Greek working women. The study was conducted during the summer and fail of 1982 in Athens, Greece. The sample (N = 296) included women from three occupational groups: professional, sales and factory working women. It is hypothesized that recent...
- LOCAL GOVERNANCE AND WOMEN'S QUOTA RESERVATIONS IN INDIA: AGAINST THE NOTION OF PROXIES. Strulik, Stefanie // Pakistan Journal of Women's Studies;2007, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p53
The attempt by the Indian government to increase women's political participation in local governance, from next to non--existent, to 33% by stipulating a women's quota for local governance institutions (panchayati raj institutions) is such an exciting unique mass -- scale experiment that of...
- Gender and the pathways to participation: The role of resources. Schlozman, Kay Lehman; Burns, Nancy // Journal of Politics;Nov94, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p963
Investigates the significance of sex differences in the voluntary participation of men and women in politics. Women's disadvantage with regards to the resources that facilitate political activity; Political resources available for men and women; Financial contribution.