Controversy Over The Carter Administration Approach To National Energy Policy: CON
- Garn's good-bye. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;10/12/1992, Vol. 137 Issue 15, p19
Recounts a speech by retiring Sen. Jake Garn (R-Utah) to aerospace contractors in which he urged them to put the space program's good ahead of parochial interests. Garn, who flew on the space shuttle Discovery in 1985, told the executives they should be lobbying aggressively for the space...
- Charlie Wilson and Jake Garn. Shearer, Kent // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;12/22/97, Vol. 27 Issue 26, p15
Profiles Salt Lake City, Utah Water Superintendent Charles W. Wilson and Water Commissioner Jake Garn. Number of water boards on which Wilson became a member as the measure of his professionalism; Career background of the executives; Wilson and Garn's interpersonal relationship.
- A man of principle. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;5/20/96, Vol. 23 Issue 23, p15
Recounts a bizarre exchange between Green Party presidential candidate Ralph Nader and Senator Jake Garn during a 1979 hearing into the Chrysler bailout. Nader infuriating Garn by interjecting into the hearing the fact that Garn's wife was killed in an automobile accident, an accident that...
- Teacher in orbit. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;12/3/1984, Vol. 121 Issue 24, p21
The NASA decision on which space shuttle missions will fly U.S. Sen. Jake Garn (Utah) and a teacher will be made following realignment of the shuttle program schedule caused by Challenger tile problems. Garn and the teacher will be the 12th and 13th individuals brought into the shuttle payload...
- Balancing act helps reform chances in '84. Battey, Phil // ABA Banking Journal;Dec83, Vol. 75 Issue 12, p10
Deals with the banking issues addressed during the session of the 98th U.S. Congress in 1983. Participation of Senate Banking Committee Chairman Jake Garn in the deliberation of banking issues; Approaches taken by Garn to the banking industry; Message sent to financial institution trade groups...
- Should State And Local Public Employees Be Accorded By Federal Law A Right To Strike? CON. // Congressional Digest;Feb76, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p51
Focuses on the speech of U.S. Senator Jake Garn during the 1975 discussion of the proposed labor-management relations bill affecting public service employees. Provisions of the bill; Creation of private labor organizations; Components of collective bargaining.
- Dog days are good days for powers plea. Cleland, George // ABA Banking Journal;Aug86, Vol. 78 Issue 8, p9
Provides information of the American Bankers Association in the U.S. Introduction of comprehensive banking package from Senator Jake Garn, chairman of the Senate Banking Committee; History killing of major general Robert Ross during the War 1812; Identification of banking legislation.
- THE TALK OF THE TOWN. // New Yorker;9/17/84, Vol. 60 Issue 24, p39
Comments on several issues affecting New Yorkers. Invitation of an individual from U.S. Senator Jake Garn to join the Peace Through Strength U.S. Congressional Advisory Board; Quality of life in Cape Cod; Opening of a new McDonald's restaurant in Times Square.
- Pragmatic Dogmatics. Shearer, Kent // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;2/13/2006, Vol. 35 Issue 33, p26
Presents the author's views on various political civility issues in the U.S. Characterization of judge D. Frank Wilkins; Professional tradition concerning attorney and client relationships; Attempts to codify and enforce rules of political civility during the 1974 senatorial contest between...