A WORN PATH
- Addressing Ageism through Eudora Welty's "A Worn Path". Dilgen, Regina // Radical Teacher;Winter2014, Issue 98, p62
The article discusses the author's views on the impact of anthologized short stories that allow readers to feel the reality and experience of the protagonist life journey. She refers to the Palm Beach State College's English class response to the 1941 short story "A Worn Path" by Eudora Welty....
- Historical Approach to Eudora Welty's "A Worn Path" in a College Reading Course. Ngovo, Bernard L. // Eureka Studies in Teaching Short Fiction;Fall2008, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p118
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience in reflecting on a literary approach in teaching "A Worn Path," by Eudora Welty.
- LIFE AND DEATH IN EUDORA WELTY'S 'A WORN PATH' Bartel, Roland // Studies in Short Fiction;Summer77, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p288
Comments on the character of Phoenix Jackson in the short story 'A Worn Path'. Derivation on the first name of Jackson to the Egyptian myth of the bird; Description on the personality of Jackson; Journey of Jackson during Christmas time.
- Welty studies: 1987-1997. Ladd, Barbara // Mississippi Quarterly;Fall97, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p715
Focuses on several books written about author Eudora Welty and her career for the period 1987-1997. Identification of these books and their authors; Year in which the books were published; Interviews and reviews on Welty; Authors of these interviews and reviews; Publication of bibliographical...
- Miss Eudora. Morris, Willie // Southern Living;Oct95, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p104
Features Mississippian author Eudora Welty. Volume of published works that connects intimately to hearth and home; Welty's influence on author; Description of house where Welty lives alone; Friendship with American writers; Recollections of hometown.
- `My way to learn writing.' // Writer (Kalmbach Publishing Co.);Jun93, Vol. 106 Issue 6, p12
Presents a question asked to Eudora Welty in the Introduction to her book `Photographs' about the relationship between her interest in art and photography and her call as a writer of fiction.
- The listening ear. Dawson, Marie // World & I;Oct97, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p274
Profiles American author Eudora Welty. Welty's rare understanding of her own creative process; Personal background; Published works; Career history; Unique elements of Welty's work.
- Imagining others' lives. Horn, Miriam // U.S. News & World Report;2/15/93, Vol. 114 Issue 6, p78
Profiles 83-year-old writer Eudora Welty, who has spent her literary life finding mythic dimensions in the most ordinary of lives. She was ignored for most of her career; She garnered a Pulitzer Prize and presidential medal, among other honors; Childhood; Education; Her books include `The...
- REMEMBERING EUDORA WELTY. // Humanities;Sep/Oct2001, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p47
Pays tribute to Eudora Welty, a writer. Inspirations of Welty in writing her stories; Books written by Welty; Honors received by the writer; Decision to rename the National Endowment for the Humanities Regional Centers initiative in honor of Welty.