- frolleague. // Computer Desktop Encyclopedia;2015, p1
(FRiend cOLLEAGUE) A co-worker who is accepted as a "friend" on someone's social networking page. See social networking site.
- CONSTRUCTIVIST EUROPE - DIVERSITY AND SOCI(ET)AL MANAGEMENT. CĂMĂRĂŞAN, Vasile Adrian; NISTOR, Maria-Mihaela // Research & Science Today;2014 Supp 2, p117
THIS ARTICLE AIMS AT HIGHLIGHTING THE EUROPEAN CONCEPT OF DIVERSITY AND PLACING IT WITHIN THE CONTEXT OF SOCI(ET)AL MANAGEMENT, DIRECTED TOWARDS CONSOLIDATING THE IDENTITIES AND VALUES OF A EUROPEAN COMMUNITY BASED ON RESPECT FOR DIFFERENCE, ACCEPTANCE AND INCLUSION. WITHIN THIS FRAMEWORK, THE...
- Social democracy and trade unions. Petrović, Slobodan // South East Europe Review (SEER);2012, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p539
Social democratic roots take us back to the two great revolutions in modern western European history. The French Revolution of 1789 paved the way for a political view based on the interests of sociely, while the industrial revolution created the working class which, challenged by the new company...
- Dealing with dying patients and their relatives. Earnshaw-Smith, Elisabeth // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);5/30/1981, Vol. 282 Issue 6278, p1779
Introduces points to consider for doctors in dealing and communicating with dying patients, their families and friends. Discussion of each symptoms; Provision of clear explanation of causation of the disease; Acceptance of negative emotions of anger, remorse, bitterness and hatred by the health...
- Younger staff are guilty of pulling the most 'sickies'. Reade, Quentin // Personnel Today;10/14/2003, p7
The article discusses a survey of 975 workers in Great Britain on work absences. Thirty-five percent of the workers believe it is acceptable to take a day off even if they are not sick, and 55% of younger workers said that taking a sick leave is fair. The events that lead people to take a sick...
- AGE WORK VALUES. Cherrington, David J.; Conde, Spencer J.; England, J. Lynn // Academy of Management Journal;Sep79, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p617
The article presents a study that examines a possible relationship between age and work values. According to the results of the study, older workers place a greater level of importance on pride in craftsmanship and on the moral importance of work than do younger workers. Also noted is the...
- High Society. Rafferty, Jean Bond // Town & Country;Nov2009, Vol. 163 Issue 5354, p52
A review is offered for the restaurant La SociÃ©tÃ©, located in Paris, France.
- Production de la Sociï¿½tï¿½ (Book). Freiberg, J. W. // Theory & Society;Summer75, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p270
Reviews the book "Production de la Sociï¿½tï¿½," by Alain Touraine.
- Santï¿½ et sociï¿½tï¿½. Hammer, Rapha�l // Swiss Journal of Sociology;1997, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p632
The article reviews the book "Santï¿½ et sociï¿½tï¿½," by Marcel Drulhe.