- Information Fluency. Callison, Daniel // School Library Media Activities Monthly;Dec2003, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p38
Discusses the concept of information fluency. Definition of information fluency; Difference between computer literacy and fluency; Abilities involved in information fluency.
- Fluency with Information Technology. Lin[b], Herbert // Government Information Quarterly;2000, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p69
Compares computer literacy and fluency with information technology. Definition of computer literacy and fluency with information technology; Usability of information technology in the society; Components of fluency with information technology; Limitations on the use of information technology.
- BEST NEW SOFTWARE. Troutner, Joanne // Teacher Librarian;Feb2006, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p41
The article reviews the FASTT Math computer software, designed to build fluency in math facts, from Tom Synder Productions.
- Learning in a digital age: Insights into the issues. Fulton, Kathleen // T H E Journal;Feb98, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p60
Discusses the skills needed by students for fluency in educational technology. Competence in using the computer; Measurement of literacy; Availability of information and communication resources.
- Strategies to increase reading fluency. Mastropieri, Margo A; Leinart, Amy; Scruggs, Thomas E. // Intervention in School & Clinic;May99, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p278
Examines research on reading fluency and provides recommendations for practice. Interventions to increase reading fluency; Repeated reading; Peer-mediated instruction; Computer-guided practice; Previewing; Combined approaches.
- Using Computer Guided Practice to Increase Decoding Fluency in Learning Disabled Children: A Study Using the Hint and Hunt I Program. Jones, Kathryn M.; Torgesen, Joseph K.; Sexton, Molly A. // Journal of Learning Disabilities;Feb1987, Vol. 20 Issue 2
Examines a computer program aimed at increasing decoding fluency in reading among learning disabled children. Improvements in speed and accuracy of reading the generalization words; Potential of computer-aided practice to improve the general reading skills of learning disabled children; Effect...
- Effects of Computer-Assisted and Teacher-Led Fluency Instruction on Students At Risk for Reading Failure. Fenty, Nicole; Mulcahy, Candace; Washburn, Erin // Learning Disabilities -- A Contemporary Journal;Dec2015, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p141
A quasi-experimental pretest/posttest group design was used to determine whether computer-assisted fluency instruction is as effective as printbased, teacher-led fluency instruction in improving fluency, vocabulary, and comprehension skills in third grade students experiencing delayed fluency...
- Information Fluency in Liberal Arts Colleges. Moore, Amanda // Arkansas Libraries;Apr2002, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p4
The article offers a report on information fluency, which represents the convergence of information literacy, computer literacy and critical thinking skills. The focus to information fluency discussions is the belief that, in the future, learning will take place in the library, computer...
- Part I -- Fluency: A Missing Piece of the Puzzle? Kiley, Teresse J. // Illinois Reading Council Journal;Spring2006, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p70
Considers some questions related to reading fluency. Components of reading fluency; Definitions of reading fluency; Factors that affected the time allotted for fluency instruction; Importance of fluency.
- An Experimental Analysis of Mathematics Instructional Components: Examining the Effects of Student-Selected Versus Empirically-Selected Interventions. Carson, Paige M.; Eckert, Tanya L. // Journal of Behavioral Education;Mar2003, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p35
Within the context of an experimental analysis, the current study examined the effects of student- and empirically-selected interventions on the mathematics computational fluency of three elementary-aged students. For all of the participants, the empirically-selected intervention resulted in...