Post-Pride hangover remedies for the vegan, vegetarian and meat-eater
- SPA RIGHT. // Better Homes & Gardens;Jan2004, Vol. 82 Issue 1, p50
Focuses on topics related to healthy living. Consciousness for the kind of food one eats; Alternative fats for use in home cooking; Benefits of a vegetarian diet.
- CONQUERING tough foods. Kornfeld, Myra; Barley, Lisa // Vegetarian Times;Jan2007, Issue 346, p70
This article provides information on various foods including tempeh, seitan and egg replacer. Tempeh is an Indonesian staple made from partially cooked, fermented soybeans that are pressed into cakes. It has a mild, nutty taste and absorbs flavors well. Seitan is a meat substitute made from...
- Party with a Chance of Meatballs. // People;11/27/2013 Special Issues, p54
Recipes for Classic Meatballs, Veggie Meatballs, and Spicy Buffalo Wing Balls are presented.
- \ASIA. // Travel Agent;9/28/2009 Culinary Travel Spec, Vol. 335, p11
The article focuses on the specialty foods in different countries in Asia. It cites the Hong Kong-style milk tea, Roast duck and dim sum that are commonly found in Hong Kong-style Chinese pastry shops. In Thailand, it is noted that meat dishes are said to have been ranged from delicious...
- Veggie Myths. DESHPANDE, ANIRUDH // Economic & Political Weekly;3/21/2015, Vol. 50 Issue 12, p71
The author states that the great majority of people consume meat and fish in India and the notion it being a largely vegetarian country is a myth. He says that Indian practitioners of ayurveda urge vegetarianism upon their patients and followers. According to him, the conflation of ayurveda and...
- Wining and Dining the Romanian Way. // Travel Agent;4/3/2006, Vol. 324 Issue 12, Special section p11
The article focuses on the way to dine while staying in Romania. A Romanian menu is composed of dishes with naturally grown ingredients, tasty meats, variety of fresh vegetables and fruits for vegetarians, and dairy products. The appetizer contains cheese, cold cuts and vegetables spreads,...
- Meat, I Miss You! Kissing, Steve // Cincinnati Magazine;Sep2006, Vol. 39 Issue 12, p92
The article presents the author's views on vegetarianism. Author knew vegetarianism to be a healthy choice. One can be comfortable with one's vegetarianism, but that doesn't mean people around will be. When people discover a vegetarian, they are also eager to learn why he is a vegetarian. Most...
- GP Life: Food - Beef platter with an Italian edge. // GP: General Practitioner;4/26/2004, p56
The article presents information on the experiences of a physician while cooking antipasti in Italian style. He had prepared many different antipasti for Italian feast. As can sometimes be the case, he had somewhat overestimated the amount of food and so there was plenty left over at the end of...
- LETTERS. Goldblatt, Patricia F.; Arnold, Mary; Landi, Leonora; Day, Aimee; Schwartz, Marylyn; Lanning, Lorri; Wang, Eileen; Strachan, Jennifer; Holland, Cassie; Buck, Andrew // Gourmet;Mar2009, Vol. 69 Issue 3, p16
Several letters to the editor are presented including one on vegetarian menu for Thanksgiving Day, another appreciating Amy Bloom's article "My Inner Italy," and one in response to the article "A Brain Is a Terrible Thing to Waste," by Joe Dolce.