RBS shows its green fingers
- Zurich customizes its growth strategy. Kirk, Don Lewis // Business Insurance;6/27/94, Vol. 28 Issue 26, p55
Discusses various aspects of Zurich Insurance Group's international growth strategy. Strength in niche markets; Development of insurance markets; Challenges facing the company; Creation of a network of local insurers offering products and services for selected market segments; International...
- New Zurich unit to target U.S. Unsworth, Edwin // Business Insurance;05/25/98, Vol. 32 Issue 21, p45
Focuses on the possible expansion of the Zurich Financial Services (ZFS) Group in the United States. Reference to the establishment of the Zurich Financial company, through the merger of Zurich Group and B.A.T Industries P.L.C.; Plans to expand Farmers Group Incorporated, a subsidiary of B.A.T...
- Zurich scraps Asian venture. Goodard, Sarah // Business Insurance;01/19/98, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p21
Reports on the prospective expansion of Zurich Group in Asia. Details on the collaspe of the acquisition talks with Peregrine Investments Holding Limited; Percentage of stock which Zurich has invested in Peregrine; Comments made by Rolf Hueppi, chairman of Zurich.
- American Depository Receipts program put into operation in U.S. by Zurich Insurance. // Insurance Advocate;08/03/96, Vol. 107 Issue 30, p10
Reports on the operation of the Zurich Insurance Co.'s American Depository Receipts program. Goal of the program; Growing role of Zurich in fund and asset management; Offering of the shares in the over the counter market.
- Zurich Group announces broad range of changes; establishes three business units for U.S. // Insurance Advocate;07/29/97, Vol. 108 Issue 29, p8
Focuses on the Zurich Group's July 15, 1997 announcement of changes to its operations in the United States with a goal to provide total solutions to customers. Operational changes for immediate implementation; Formation of a business unit to focus on providing solutions for small business...
- Deal strengthens Zurich. Unsworth, Edwin // Business Insurance;10/20/97, Vol. 31 Issue 42, p1
States that the Zurich Insurance Group's efforts to expand its financial services in the United States is seen as the catalyst for the group's merger with British American Financial Services. Name which the business will be called; Expectations for the start of the business; Financial...
- Zurich combines reinsurance units, appoints new executives. // Business Insurance;06/30/97, Vol. 31 Issue 26, p1
Reports on the restructuring of Zurich Insurance Group's reinsurance operations into a single global business. Names of various executives who will be appointed; Comments from Steven Gluckstern, chairman of Zurich Reinsurance Centre Incorporated.
- New products. // Money Marketing;5/21/2009, p58
The article evaluates several products including Global Emerging Markets Sustainability Fund from First State Investments Ltd., Protected Capital Account from Zurich Financial Services Group and the three-year fixed-rate mortgage from Coventry Building Society.
- Commercial players brace for the worst. OLDFIELD, STEWART // Australian Financial Review (0404-2018);8/21/2015 Supplement Smart Investor, p80
The article reports that insurance firm Zurich Insurance Group AG cut its pricing on a major commercial insurance product offering in the Australian market by ten percent in June 2015.