For many, 'the beard is still king'
- ziauddin sardar. // New Statesman;12/19/2005, Vol. 134 Issue 4771-4773, p22
The article discusses the symbolism of hair in different cultures. Thoughts on hair were occasioned by the author's own recent haircut. In some east-Asian countries haircuts are preceded by a cream bath, a shampoo massage on dry hair. The Islamic government of Bisham, Pakistan has forbidden men...
- Well Groomed. // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;May2014, Vol. 115 Issue 4, p87
The article evaluates the Survival Kit for men's grooming from Beard Buddy.
- How To Pull Off The 10-Day Beard. // Details;Nov2011, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p72
The article offers brief information on tools for maintaining a 10-day beard including the Remington Touch Control Beard & Stubble Trimmer, the Eshu Skin Assist Face Scrub exfoliator, and the MCMC Dude No. 1 Beard Oil conditioning balm.
- Beard Awards heap praise on diverse talents. Prewitt, Milford // Nation's Restaurant News;5/20/96, Vol. 30 Issue 20, p110
Reports on the winners of the 1996 Beard Awards. Includes Jeremiah Tower as the 1996 Farberware Millennium Outstanding Chef; Winners of the regional chef awards, Perrier Outstanding Restaurant Award and Outstanding Pastry Chef; Posthumous lifetime-achievement award for Peter Kump.
- A miscommunication, and I'm a new man. Hoag, Edwin // Christian Science Monitor;2/2/98, Vol. 90 Issue 46, p8
Relates how the author's beard was accidentally shaved off when his barber misunderstood what he wanted done. How the author's appearance was changed; How people responded to the new appearance.
- TO BEARD OR NOT TO BEARD. Stoddard, Maynard Good // Saturday Evening Post;Jan/Feb97, Vol. 269 Issue 1, p46
Focuses on the historical importance of having a beard. Alexander the Great' prohibition of beard among his men; Eleanor of Aquitaine's objection to a beardless husband; William Shakespeare's opposition to the practice of shaving.
- The body wash boom. Omelia, Johanna // DCI;Apr96, Vol. 158 Issue 4, p62
Focuses on the growth of the body wash market in the United States. Percentage growth; Projected growth of the market as manufacturers develop affordable new products; Chesebrough-Pond's U.S.A.'s Jergens body wash; Vaseline Intensive Care Moisturizing Body Wash.
- Skin deep. Lee, Janet // Women's Sports & Fitness;Oct93, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p24
Features the Sport Therapy line of unisex body care products from Bath & Body Works. Aloe Moisture Spritz; Daily Workout Shampoo and Conditioner; Workout Relief Muscle Rub.
- Dirt alert. // Women's Sports & Fitness;May/Jun95, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p78
Recommends the No-Rinse shampoo and body bath products for hikers. Retail price for the products.