PERFORMING AFRICAN-AMERICAN COMMUNITY: THE FLORIDA CLASSIC
- Metro Briefs. // Minnesota Spokesman-Recorder;1/10/2013, Vol. 79 Issue 24, p2
The article offers information on two events related to African Americans of Minnesota including Minneapolis School Fair Showcase on January 12, 2013 and Second Chance Day on the Hill 2013 in Minnesota on January 16, 2013.
- African-American Families, Urban Space, and the Meaning of Community Life. Pauillac, Myriam // Dialectical Anthropology;2001, Vol. 26 Issue 3/4, p273
Explores ways of understanding community life in the context of urban space among Afro-American families. Establishment of churches; Family arrangement; Conflict and discontent; Structures social relations.
- African American Covenant: Whose plan is it? Hallman, Charles // Minnesota Spokesman-Recorder;2/4/2010, Vol. 75 Issue 27, p1
The article reports on the move of the nonprofit organization African American Mobilization for Education (AAME) to establish a community relationship with the Minneapolis Public Schools in Minnesota through covenants.
- No Problem. // Progressive;Jun85, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p13
Reports that Blacks are excluded from membership in the Branford, Connecticut community service group, Rainbow Girls.
- Better Together. Terrill, Marc B. // Baltimore Jewish Times;5/23/2014, Vol. 338 Issue 4, p10
The article discusses the renewal and renaissance happening near the Pimlico Race Track at Baltimore in Maryland and communities living at Baltimore including African-Americans, Jewish community and Latinos.
- Community Briefs. // Minnesota Spokesman-Recorder;5/1/2014, Vol. 80 Issue 40, p2
The article reports various developments related to community care in Minneapolis, Minnesota, Harrison African American Think Tank creating an environment in which African American leaders in the Harrison neighborhood of Mpls.
- Community Briefs. // Minnesota Spokesman-Recorder;5/8/2014, Vol. 80 Issue 41, p2
The article reports various developments related to community service in Minneapolis, Minnesota, including the Harrison African American Think Tank creating an environment in which African American leaders.
- Metro Briefs. // New York Amsterdam News;2/18/2010, Vol. 101 Issue 8, p3
The article offers news briefs related to community development in New York including the discovery of the sacred burial site of Africans by the Metropolitan Transit Authority (MTA), the Black Framers and Urban Gardeners Conference, and the launched of the National Association for the...
- Tisdale's Topics: A call for a true leader. // Jackson Advocate;1/10/2013, Vol. 75 Issue 14, p4A
A reprint of the article "A Call for a True Leader" concerning Black people in the U.S. and the attempt of African American leaders to help them, which appeared in the January 16-22, 2003 issue of "Jackson Advocate" is presented.