Badly designed packages 'can cause excessive pay'
- Using Executive Comp for Estate Planning. Ross, Allen // Advisor Today;Apr2002, Vol. 97 Issue 4, p60
Describes a compensation program for the senior executive and the organization. Benefits of the program to the executive; Difference between long-term, deferred-compensation program and the compensation program for executives; Advantages of the compensation program to the corporation.
- And How Would You Like Your Compensation, Sir? Mruk, Edwin S. // Management Review;Aug74, Vol. 63 Issue 8, p15
Reports on the trends in pay increases for executives in the United States. Tendency to demand not only the quantity of compensation but the form it takes as well; Perquisites and benefits; Salaries and bonuses; Stock options; Retirement programs; Executive vacations; Cafeteria or supermarket...
- Annual Conference in Las Vegas. // Benefits & Compensation Digest;May2006, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p5
The article announces that the 52nd Annual Employee Benefits Conference is scheduled for October 8-11, 2006 in Las Vegas, Nevada. As always, the conference is designed to meet your specific needs as: multiemployer and public sector plan trustees and administrators, attorneys, accountants,...
- Did you hear? // Employee Benefits;Nov2004, p13
This article presents information on the "Employee Benefits Exhibition and Conference," held in London, England. The pair of delegates from one of Nigeria's leading banks flew over to check out how employee benefit plans worked in Great Britain.
- Group Life Carve-Out: A Financial Analysis of an Executive Benefit*-- A Comment. Uyl, Janet M. Den // Benefits Quarterly;1989 Third Quarter, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p80
This commentary addresses some concerns in the article "Group Life Carve-Out: A Financial Analysis of an Executive Benefit," which appeared in the fourth quarter 1988 issue of "Benefits Quarterly." It is noted that the article stated the advantages of providing executive death benefits outside...
- Executive Compensation. Morris, Gregory D. L.; Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;8/17/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 27, p18
Details the findings of Chemical Week's annual survey of compensation of executives in the chemical industry in the U.S. as of June 2005. Key factors determining executive compensation; Median salary computation; Conditions which caused an increase in executive salaries; Overview of highest and...
- How to Say No to That CEO. Collins, James // Credit Union Magazine;Feb2005, Vol. 71 Issue 2, p80
Provides tips in confronting executive compensation issues in credit unions.
- Run for your money. Abernethy, Mark // Bulletin with Newsweek;05/18/99, Vol. 117 Issue 6174, p68
Discusses the increasingly popular practice of paying executives a portion of their remuneration through incentives and bonuses. Popularity of the practice in the 1990s; How the incentives and bonuses are considered `at risk' pay due to the fact that they are based on performance hurdles;...
- MANAGERIAL PAY AND THE TAX CHANGES OF THE 1960'S. Lewellen, Wilbur G. // National Tax Journal;Jun72, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p111
Several important modifications of the federal tax treatment of employee compensation were enacted m 1964. Among these were provisions thought likely to have a strong impact on the pattern of corporate executive earnings, especially with regard to the division of total pay between cash and...