- NAACP Convention Galvanizes Delegates for Action. Petrie, Phil W. // New Crisis (15591603);Sep/Oct2002, Vol. 109 Issue 5, p52
Provides information on the 93rd Annual Convention held by the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People in Houston, Texas from July 6 to 11, 2002. Theme of the convention; Topics discussed; Issues addressed by the resolutions that were voted during the convention.
- All-or-nothing strategy is focus of 11th Black African Holocaust Conference. // New York Amsterdam News;12/6/2001, Vol. 92 Issue 49, p5
Focuses on the 11th Black African Holocaust Conference in Harlem, New York. Theme of the conference; Highlights of the event; Contact information.
- The top 10 cities for black conventions. Whigham-Desir, Marjorie // Black Enterprise;Mar1995, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p93
Announces that there are certain cities where African-American organizations are more likely to hold their national conventions. What common characteristics these cities share; What the top 10 cities are for African-American conventions; Why the top five are so popular; Where to contact for...
- Juneteenth: Black America's independence day. Barker, Cyril Josh // New York Amsterdam News;6/19/2008, Vol. 99 Issue 26, p32
The article offers information on the Juneteenth, African American independence day on June 19, 2008 in New York City.
- BCC looking for papers and presenters on "The Black Male". Armstrong, Linda // New York Amsterdam News;4/27/2006, Vol. 97 Issue 18, p15
The article offers information on the conference titled "The Black Male In Crisis: A Conference and Call to Action for Black & Latino Men," which will be organized by the Bronx Community College in New York City on May 20, 2006.
- TeleVision. // Jet;8/13/2007, Vol. 112 Issue 6, p66
This article offers information on TV One Network's 2007 conference, entitled "Jamestown--America's 400th Anniversary: The African American Imprint on America."
- National news. // New York Amsterdam News;02/03/2000, Vol. 91 Issue 5, p2
Announces conference developments in the United States as of February 3, 2000. Includes the 11th National African-American Read-In Chain to be held on February 6-7, 2000; World Islamic Conference on February 24-27, 2000 in Chicago, Illinois.
- Farrakhan to conclude post-election State of the Black World conference, Nov. 19-23. Edney, Hazel Trice // New York Amsterdam News;11/6/2008, Vol. 99 Issue 46, p33
The article offers information on the State of the Black World Conference to be held at Ernest Morial Convention Center and Astor Crown Plaza Hotel in New Orleans, Louisiana on November 19-23, 2008.
- The Cosmopolitan Review. Mitchell, Yvonne Delaney // New York Amsterdam News;6/21/2007, Vol. 98 Issue 26, p8
The article offers information on a symposium on the depiction of Black American that will take place at the Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture on June 26, 2007 in New York City.