- INTERVIEW WITH JOHN GREENING. Oxley, William // Acumen;Jan2015, Issue 81, p17
An interview with poet John Greening is presented. When asked about his view of reading poems to a live audience compared to just reading poems to oneself on the page, he refers to its importance in testing it on the air. He cites Seamus Heaney's essay "England of the Mind" which was part of his...
- Of iambs and meters. Newcomb, Amelia // Christian Science Monitor;4/21/98, Vol. 90 Issue 101, pB1
Discusses the impact of poetry on the author's life. United States Poet Laureate Robert Pinsky's archiving project; Memoirs of the author; Her difficulty learning how to analyze poetry; How the author came to write poetry.
- Publisher's Notes. Bosché, Phoebe // Raven Chronicles;2007/2008, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p65
An introduction is presented in which the editor tackles various topics within the issue including what it meant to be a citizen in a book by Dale Peterson and Jane Goodall, Elizabeth Myhr's selection of poetry, and Craig Van Riper's insightful poetic translations.
- Disruption, Hesitation, Silence. Gluck, Louise // American Poetry Review;Sep/Oct93, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p30
Discounts the issue of information as making a poem richer and debates that suggestion, the unsaid, the eloquent and deliberate silence are what makes a poem more powerful. Analysis of lyric poems; Idea of form; Danger of the expansive poem.
- Simply the best. // Campus Life;Sep94, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p48
Presents the winning poems in the 1994 `Campus Life' poetry contest. First place, Jessica K. Robertson, `Desert Rhythm'; Second place, Cooper Sanchez, `Mike'; Third place, Jennifer Nelson, `Stone'; Honorable mention, Amy Kinch, `Traffic Jam.'
- Chrystos wins international competition! // Herizons;Summer94, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p12
Reports that poet Chrystos authored the winning manuscript for the Audre Lorde International Poetry Competition.
- Yankee awards for 1996. Hall, Donald // Yankee;Feb97, Vol. 61 Issue 2, p96
Announces the poetry winners of the Yankee Awards, for 1996 in the United States. Major awards; Segondorph Memorial Prizes; Yankee Print Award; Sponsors.
- Bibliography. // Poetry of the Self-Taught;2008, p185
A bibliography on the subject of poetry and poets is presented which includes books "The Poetry of Mary Barber," by Mary Barber, "The Conongate Burns," by Robert Burns, and "The Complete Poetical Works," by Gorge Crabbe.
- Index. // Poetry of the Self-Taught;2008, p193
A subject index for the book "The Poetry of the Self-Taught: An Eighteenth-Century Phenomenon," by Julie Prandi is presented.