- AI KHANOUM AND GREEK DOMINATION IN CENTRAL ASIA. Martinez-Sève, Laurianne // Electrum;2015, Vol. 22, p17
Ai Khanoum is probably the most important and the best-known of the Greek settlements founded in Bactria by the Seleucid kings. The site was excavated between 1964 and 1978, but its chronology remains unclear. The purpose of this article is to give a more accurate view of its history, taking...
- History. // Afghanistan Country Review;2001/2002, p9
Chronicles the history of the country of Afghanistan. Role of the country in the Indian civilization; Indian influence on the country's culture and economy; Gateway for invasions into India; Effect of the conflict between the expanding British and Russian empire on the Afghanistan during the...
- Foreign Relations. // Afghanistan Country Review;2001/2002, p22
Provides an overview on Afghanistan's foreign relations. Afghanistan's policy of neutrality and nonalignment in its foreign relations; Similarity of the country's foreign policy with that of the Soviet Union after the December 1979 Marxist invasion; Afghanistan's relations with the United States.
- MapSearch: Afghanistan. // Junior Scholastic;2/8/2010, Vol. 112 Issue 11, p12
The article presents the map, geography and history of Afghanistan.
- Afghanistan's story in pictures. // NATO Review;2011, p6
A photo essay which depicts Afghanistan's story is presented.
- The end of history. Ward, Olivia // New Internationalist;Jun97, Issue 291, p3
Opinion. Focuses on a group of teachers discussing the Afghan war. Who was the chaotic mass of compositions written by; What year did Germany invade Latvia; How much was the pre-war population reduced to in the 1950s.
- An american childhood in afghanistan. Power, Carla // Vogue;Dec2001, Vol. 191 Issue 12, p82
Presents the author's memories of living for two years in Kabul, Afghanistan when she was a child. Number of Americans living in Kabul before the Soviet invasion in the 1970s forced many foreign nationals to leave; Importance of politeness in Afghan society; Wares offered at the Jada-e-Maiwand...
- The Great Game. // Mother Jones;May/Jun2009, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p46
A quiz concerning aspects of political and social life in Afghanistan is presented.
- Afghanistan: Crossroads of the Ancient World. Meharry, Joanie // CAA Reviews (College Art Association);7/14/2011, p1
The article reviews the exhibition "Afghanistan: Crossroads of the Ancient World" at the British Museum in London, England from March 3 to July 17, 2011.