Warning Signs for Supply Chain
- Rhetoric vs. Reality. Rasmussen, Ray // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;Dec2012, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p8
Editor Ray Rasmussen sees a huge disconnect between where the high-reliability, Mil/Aero guys are headed and what the industry is offering. The gap is growing wider every year. The way electronics are built must be reinvented to support the highly reliable, much more complex systems on the...
- Aftermarket Aspirations. Broderick, Sean // Aviation Week & Space Technology;6/9/2014, Vol. 176 Issue 19, p20
The article focuses on aerospace industries firm Boeing co. The company's plan to increase its operations in airline industry maintenance and repair (MRO) and other services for airlines such as air pilot training due to its forecasting that the market for such services will grow significantly...
- Demand Forecasting. Canaday, Henry // Aviation Week & Space Technology;7/7/2014, Vol. 176 Issue 23, pMR08
The article discusses the relationship between airlines, original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), and logistics companies, focusing on how airplane parts are delivered to the right place at the right time for maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO). Other topics include the MRO software programs...
- Good Fences Make Good Neighbors. Bilbrough, Bob // Circuits Assembly;Nov2001, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p26
Focuses on the need for written contracts between original equipment manufacturers and their electronics manufacturing services (EMS) providers. Benefits that can be availed with the contracts; Components of a functional contract for an EMS provider; Explanation of all the components involved...
- What Do OEMs Want When Outsourcing? Spivack, Bruce D. // Circuits Assembly;Nov2001, Vol. 12 Issue 11, pS3
Discusses why original equipment manufacturers (OEM) want to outsource their manufacturing services. Reason for outsourcing; Overview of a successful relationship between OEM and electronic manufacturing services.
- Article Index. // Transmission & Distribution World;Sep2009 Supplement, p8
A subject index for the September 2009 issue of "Transmission & Distribution World 2010 Buyers Guide" is presented.
- Decorative Technology Adds Pizzazz To Cell Phones And More. // Product Design & Development;Mar2003, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p46
Focuses on the aspects of in-mold decorating (IMD), a decorative technology in the U.S. Changes in the design requirements of original equipment manufacturers; Features of IMD; Advantages of IMD.
- All-American. // Home Accents Today;Apr2011, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p6
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses reports published within the issue including the launching of a new production facility in the U.S. for doing original equipment manufacturer (OEM) work in line with the "Made in America" campaign and the presentation of...
- MARKET WATCH. // Microwaves & RF;Mar2013, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p21
The article offers news briefs as of April 2013 on topics including increase of 13.5 percent in original equipment manufacturer (OEM) spending on semiconductors in 2013 and exploration of magnetic fields of sun by the Japanese Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA).