- There's Hope For America In D.C.'s Freedom Caucus. MATT KIBBE // Investors Business Daily;10/22/2013, pA13
For some reason I've been thinking about the TARP bailout this morning.
- Saving private suppliers. Donald, Sarah // Utility Week;2/15/2013, p19
The article reports on the Energy Supply Company Administration Regime, a measure designed to protect the British energy industry against the effects of a major industry player succumbing to financial failure. The measure is reportedly seen as an essential protection, although questions on where...
- Of Bubbles and Bailouts. Bottari, Mary // Dollars & Sense;Jul/Aug2010, Issue 288, p22
The article presents an accounting of the bailout dollars disbursed by the U.S. government for U.S. corporations.
- Hopes rise for euro stability after Ireland takes bailout. Kenchington, John // Money Marketing;11/25/2010, p8
The article focuses on the hope of the European Union (EU) for financial stability following the move of Ireland to take a bailout of up to 77 billion pounds.
- Selecting Cash for Keys. Harmon, Jennifer // Mortgage Servicing News;Jan2011, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p14
The article reports on the relocation assistance, also known as cash for keys, which is a quid pro quo, one where the borrower gets a little bit of a bailout in the U.S.
- Productivity Commission safe harbour proposal for insolvent trading. Harris, Jason; Hargovan, Anil // Governance Directions;Feb2016, Vol. 68 Issue 1, p9
The article discusses and examines the Australia. Productivity Commission proposed safe harbour law for insolvent trading. Topics include proposal for improve the restructuring and insolvency framework in Australia, government's, intention to release an insolvency law reform proposal paper by...
- THE TRILLION DOLLAR QUESTION: CAN A CENTRAL BANK BAIL OUT A CENTRAL COUNTERPARTY CLEARING HOUSE WHICH IS "TOO BIG TO FAIL"? Chamorro-Courtland, Christian // Brooklyn Journal of Corporate, Financial & Commercial Law;Spring2012, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p433
The article analyzes if a central bank can bail out a central counterparty clearing house which is too big to fail. The purpose and functions of central counterparties (CCPs) are explained. The significance of CCPs and their inherent risks are discussed. It also describes the default procedures...
- Optimal Bailout Policy--An Analysis Focusing on the Regulation of Collective Banking Behavior. Zhenting Sun; Tingchun Han // International Journal of Humanities & Social Science;Aug2011, Vol. 1 Issue 10, p96
Bank regulation theory has evolved to focus on the supervision of the collective behavior of banks. Parallel investing theory, which presents parallel investing as a collective strategy of all banks, is understood as an extension of herding theory and is used to discuss optimal bailout policies....
- Imaginary Games. Bickford, Peter H· // Insurance Advocate;11/11/2013, Vol. 124 Issue 19, p6
The article focuses on the bailout of the insurance company American International Group Inc. (AIG) and the regulatory response to the 2007-2009 financial crisis. It discusses the U.S. government policy for federalization of insurance solvency regulation. It is opined that the insurance...