The Lessons of Colorado's Gun Debate
- People. // National Journal;2/2/2002, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p344
Provides updates on the career of lobbyists and politicians in the United States as of February 2, 2002.
- Your Turn: Reacting to Gabby Giffords. Shaw, Michael // BAGnewsNotes;1/30/2013, p1
The article focuses on U.S. representative Gabby Giffords testifying about gun control before the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee hearing which was held at Capitol Hill, Washington D.C. on January 30, 2013. It states that her statement shows damage she has done to her image. It mentions that her...
- Gun-Control Advocates Will Have to Settle for Partial Victory. Johnson, Fawn // National Journal;3/22/2013, p9
The article discusses the lack of support for an assault-weapons ban among U.S. politicians and its implications for gun-control advocates. The ban has been proposed following the massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut. According to the author, moderate and conservative...
- YOU'RE HIRED; WE'LL SEE YOU NEXT YEAR. Jacobson, Louis // National Journal;4/27/2002, Vol. 34 Issue 17, p1242
Focuses on trends in politicians-turned-lobbyists in the U.S. Challenges posed by the career change; Conflict of interest associated with the career change; Politicians who accepted corporate executive jobs.
- Gun control group gives Obama an 'F'. O'Brien, Michael // Hill;1/19/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p6
The article reports on a failing grade of U.S. President Barack Obama rated by the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence because of his alleged runaway from gun control in the country.
- Thank you again! King, John; King, Joyce // American Agriculturist (0161-8237);Mar2013, Vol. 210 Issue 3, p7
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article about gun-control in the U.S.
- Don't paint caricature of gun-owners. // Hill;2/11/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 13, p19
The author reflects on the continuing debate over gun control in the U.S.
- Pro-gun America Quiet, Contemplative in Wake of Sandy Hook Massacre. // Moderate Voice;12/17/2012, p7
The article reports that calls for stricter gun control due to the Sandy Hook, Connecticut school shooting have drawn no response from pro-firearm organizations and politicians in the U.S.
- Massacre galvanizes 'cross lobby' on gun control. RNS // Christian Century;1/9/2013, Vol. 130 Issue 1, p14
The article reports on the political response to gun control measures being discussed in the aftermath of the December 2012 Sandy Hook Elementary School shootings of Newtown, Connecticut, focusing on religious groups. Several religious leaders and organizations are cited, such as the African...