- Medicare physician and supplier assignment rates. // Health Care Financing Review;1995 Supplement, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p100
Presents statistics on Medicare physician and supplier assignment rates in the United States for the calendar year 1993. Assignments for physicians and suppliers under the Medicare Physician and Supplier Program; Increase in the ratio of assigned allowed charges to total allowed charges;...
- Leading Medicare physician and supplier procedures. // Health Care Financing Review;1995 Supplement, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p102
Reports on the leading Medicare physician and supplier procedures in the United States for the calendar year 1993. Basis of Medicare procedural coding; Development of a type-of-service classification system called the Berenson/Eggers Type of Servi ce (BETOS); Eight leading BETOS codes in terms...
- Ethical physician decisions in a managed care environment. Berenson, Robert A. // Generations;Summer98, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p63
Examines the dilemma faced by doctors due to the availability of health maintenance organizations (HMO) and broader Medicare choices in the United States. Growth in Medicare beneficiary enrollment in HMO; Advantages of Medicare risk plan options; Ways in which Medicare managed care...
- Using Advance Beneficiary Notices to Maximize Your Medicare Collections. Rodriguez, Todd A. // Family Practice Management;Sep2002, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p19
Focuses on the use of advance beneficiary notices (ABN) to maximize the Medicare collections in the U.S. Ignorance of physicians to payment rules to help increase their earnings; Advantages of the Medicare's ABN; Validity of ABN given to a patient; Significant financial implications of ABN for...
- Medicare payment increases expected, Rx drug benefit less certain. // Family Practice Management;Oct2002, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p27
Reports the legislation to reverse the percentage cut of the medicare payments of physicians in the U.S. Establishment of a Medicare prescription drug benefit; Emphasis on the skepticism about the Senate bill; Increase of the funding for hospitals and home health agencies.
- Physicians may face 4.4% Medicare reduction in 2003. Gatty, Bob // Urology Times;Jan2003, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p46
Reports on the Medicare payment cuts imposed for physicians in 2003 in the U.S. Details on the reimbursement rate reduction of physicians for the last year; Average reduction for Medicare; Problems on the data used by the federal government to calculate the Medicare payment formula.
- AMA Survey Shows Medicare Payment Cuts To MDs, Other Professions Will Hrt Access Of Seniors To Care. // Insurance Advocate;9/9/2002, Vol. 113 Issue 34, p34
Focuses on the decline of Medicare payment to physicians in Washington. Identification of the medical liability insurance costs; Impact of Medicare cuts on physicians; Problem associated with Medicare payment.
- Care Plan Oversight: New Codes, Same Old Medicare Policy. Moore, Kent J. // Family Practice Management;Oct1998, Vol. 5 Issue 9, p14
Focuses on the introduction of Medicare Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) codes for care plan oversight (CPO) payment to family practice physicians. Presentation of these CPO codes; Outline of Medicare's policy.
- Medicare reimbursement dispute to heat up. Gardner, Jonathan // Modern Healthcare;11/18/96, Vol. 26 Issue 47, p29
Reports that the dispute between physician specialists over Medicare practice-expense reimburse in the United States (US) increased in intensity. How the outcome of the dispute could jeopardize physicians' credibility with the U.S. government; Suggestions on how the HCFA can implement revised...