- Searching for answers on gun bill. MELLMAN, MARK S. // Hill;5/1/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 50, p14
The article offers the author's insights on how elected officials will react on public opinion concerning gun control bill in the U.S.
- Dems Surrender on Gun Control. Davis, Susan // National Journal;1/15/2011, p10
The article focuses on where Americans stand in the issue of gun control. According to the author, the country is divided almost in the middle in terms of gun control issues. She reports that a Pew Research Center survey showed that opposition to gun control is huge among white men. Among...
- Gun control is dead but not yet buried. // New Scientist;9/28/2013, Vol. 219 Issue 2936, p5
An editorial is presented which discusses prospects for gun control in the U.S. in light of the 2013 mass shooting in the Washington, D.C. Navy Yard, including allocation of federal funding for research on firearms violence, learning from strategies used by climate change activists to convince...
- ATHENS VOICE. // Athens News;1/3/2013, p5
Several responses to the editor are presented that offer the opinions of the residents of Athens, Ohio on topics including gun control, the carrying of concealed weapons, and U.S. President Barack Obama.
- NRA Maintains Stranglehold on Congress. // Washington Informer;1/17/2013, Vol. 48 Issue 15, p25
In this article, the author discusses about the influence of the U.S. National Rifle Association (NRA) on the working of the U.S. Congress. He said that the U.S. Vice President Joe Biden has presented a list of proposals to the U.S. President Barack Obama regarding banning assault weapons and...
- Defying the NRA Death Lobby. STEIN, ROBERT // Moderate Voice;7/27/2012, p4
The article reports on the shift in public opinion enforced by the National Rifle Association (NRA) on gun control. The advocates point out that the NRA might be a paper tiger in elections and also terrorizes the U.S. Congress with its rating system. It mentions that New York Mayor Michael...
- Gun control group gives Obama an 'F'. O'Brien, Michael // Hill;1/19/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p6
The article reports on a failing grade of U.S. President Barack Obama rated by the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence because of his alleged runaway from gun control in the country.
- Thank you again! King, John; King, Joyce // American Agriculturist (0161-8237);Mar2013, Vol. 210 Issue 3, p7
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article about gun-control in the U.S.
- Don't paint caricature of gun-owners. // Hill;2/11/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 13, p19
The author reflects on the continuing debate over gun control in the U.S.