- Gun Control: An Overview. Paul, Ian; Eaton, Sarah E. // Canadian Points of View: Gun Control;2016, p1
The article presents general information regarding gun control. The author reviews the history of Canadian firearms legislation. Particular focus is given to the nation's gun registry program which some see as limiting personal privacy and freedom and which others view as a valuable aid to law...
- Gun control advocates should study World War II. Sowell, Thomas // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;05/03/99, Vol. 28 Issue 45, p26
Comments on the proposals for stronger gun control laws in the United States. Comparison of the consequences of stronger laws with those of international disarmament agreements; Results of studies on the effects of gun ownership to the incidence of crime.
- Moms, Cops, & Voters against Gun Control. Yiotis, Gayle; Wisher, Ray // American Enterprise;Sep/Oct99, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p61
Focuses on gun control in the United States. Willingness of a mother to teach his sons how to handle guns; Use of guns for self-defense purposes; Information on a legislation that governs gun ownership.
- Gun Control Victims. Jurado, Rachel // American Enterprise;Jan/Feb2004, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p44
Discusses the pitfalls of gun control laws in the U.S. Consequences of the past gun control laws; Reasons for implementing gun control laws; Supporters of gun ownership.
- GUN CONTROL: POLITICAL FEARS TRUMP CRIME CONTROL. Cramer, Clayton E.; Olson, Joseph Edward // Maine Law Review;2009, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p57
The article focuses on the gun control laws in Great Britain. It notes that there were no laws regulating the possession, purchase, and peaceful carrying of firearms in Britain in 1870, but the Firearms Act of 1920 was introduced in 1920 to avoid misuse of firearms, gun running to Ireland, and...
- 'We Didn't Plan to Be Gun-Control Activists'. Milonopoulos, Niko; Milonopoulos, Theo // New York Times Upfront;10/13/2003, Vol. 136 Issue 3, p30
Offers information on a gun-control lobbying project called Kidz Voice-LA in Los Angeles, California. Events that prompted the creation of the group; Results of efforts to appeal with city council members; Ban which was passed.
- Don't shoot...ever. Parker, Shafer // Report / Newsmagazine (Alberta Edition);11/22/99, Vol. 26 Issue 42, p28
Discusses gun registration and gun laws in Canada. The case of Mack Donnelly, who was not allowed to protect himself against his daughter's ex-convict mother; Problems with the system; Comments from Dave Tomlinson of the National Firearms Association.
- In Congress, the Uphill Battle for Gun Control. Schwartz, Emma // U.S. News & World Report;3/17/2008, Vol. 144 Issue 8, p41
This article focuses on debates surrounding gun control in the U.S. The article explains that on the federal level, 15 years have passed since gun legislation has been stressed. Topics include debates surrounding personal gun ownership and control, gun control laws in place in various states,...
- DO MORE GUNS EQUAL MORE MURDERS? NO. LAROCHELLE, MARK // Human Events;7/30/2012, Vol. 68 Issue 28, p30
The article comments on the efforts of some groups to link the theater shooting incident in Colorado to the alleged laxity of gun control laws in the U.S. It provides charts comparing the background checks made by the Federal Bureau of Investigation's (FBI) National Instant Criminal Background...