Gun control plans boil down to one issue
- URGENT AND IMPERATIVE. Foer, Paul // Baltimore Jewish Times;1/25/2013, Vol. 330 Issue 4, p16
The article discusses views of Vincent DeMarco, national coordinator of organization Faiths United to Prevent Gun Violence, regarding gun-violence prevention. It briefly describes a plea sent by the faith leaders to U.S President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden to tackle the issue of...
- From Turmoil to Stability. Walsh, Kenneth T. // U.S. News Digital Weekly;4/5/2013, Vol. 5 Issue 14, p9
The article discusses the likelihood of turmoil in the U.S. to lead to a period of stability. It notes that President Barack Obama is using the shooting incidents in Connecticut, Colorado and other places to contend for firmer gun control measures. It mentions that polarization, anger,...
- Obama's Efforts. // Outdoor Life;Apr2011, Vol. 218 Issue 4, p10
The article presents comments on how U.S. President Barack Obama handles sportsmen issues such as not getting on gun bills.
- Troops Denied Right to Carry; Seniors, Vets Targeted by Federal Gun Grab. HOAR, WILLIAM P. // New American (08856540);8/24/2015, Vol. 31 Issue 16, p41
Corrections to several articles are presented including "Military says no to arming servicemen at U.S. bases" in McClatchy Newspapers on July 22, 2015, the U.S. President Barack Obama's comments on gun control reported by BBC on July 24, 2015, and by "Los Angeles Times" on July 18, 2015.
- On guns, Obama preaches to the choir. // Power Line;1/8/2016, p1
The article reports on the statement issued by U.S. President Barack Obama concerning gun violence in the country, gun control reform, and his support to political candidates with gun control advocacy.
- Poll: Americans Favor Obama's Gun Control Proposals. BURDETTE, WHITNEY // State Journal (WV);1/25/2013, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p3
The article reports the approval of the Americans to the gun control proposal of U.S. President Barack Obama.
- Remarks on Gun Violence. Obama, Barack // Daily Compilation of Presidential Documents;1/16/2013, p1
The article presents the speeches by U.S. President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden on gun violence on January 16, 2013. Biden shared that he and other Cabinet members were tasked by Obama to make recommendations on how to best proceed with the moral obligations of the government to...
- Pres. Obama visits Mpls promoting gun-control measures. Reeves, Mel // Minnesota Spokesman-Recorder;2/14/2013, Vol. 79 Issue 29, p1
The article informs that U.S. President Barack Obama has visited Minneapolis to promote gun-control measures and to limit gun violence.
- President Obama Signs Two New Executive Orders on Gun Control. SHAN, JANET // Moderate Voice;8/30/2013, p11
An excerpt from U.S. President Barack Obama's executive order on gun control in the U.S. is presented.