Israel apologists defend the indefensible
- Heading toward apartheid in Israel. Hottelet, Richard C. // Christian Science Monitor;11/28/2000, Vol. 93 Issue 3, p11
Suggests that the actions of Israel in its relations with Palestinians in the West Bank and Gaza are reminiscent of apartheid.
- Week analogy. // New Jersey Jewish News;3/4/2010, Vol. 64 Issue 9, p15
The author discusses the analogy of two Jewish columnists, Richard Cohen and Henry Siegman concerning apartheid label which demonstrate how a libelous analogy only stands in the way of resolving the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
- Cairo Declaration to end Israeli Apartheid siege of Gaza. // Catholic New Times;1/18/2010, p10
The article presents a declaration approved by Gaza Freedom Marchers aimed to accelerate the global campaign for Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) against Israeli Apartheid. Activists from 43 countries including Canada met in Cairo on their way to Gaza to join the Palestinians to break...
- Israel's Apartheid. Dobbin, Murray // Catholic New Times;3/29/2010, p13
The author talks about the success of the Israeli Apartheid Week. One of the principal signs the author sees about the success of the campaign is the advent of counter-campaign by supporters of Israel. He then compares the system of separation of Arabs and Jews with the apartheid system in South...
- Denial of Refugee Return: The Core Dimension of Israel's Apartheid. Jamjoum, Hazem // al-Majdal;Mar2012, Issue 48, p24
The article focuses on the move of Israel to deny the Palestinians' right to return to their country in law, policy, and practice. It notes that the Israeli apartheid regime in the Palestinian context has been impelled by the colonists' ideological need to cleanse the land of its indigenous...
- Middle East Non-Solutions. Plaut, Steven // Outpost;Sep2012, Issue 257, p9
The article offers the author's insights on the "Two-State Solution" campaign in Israel. He explores the significance of the campaign in resolving coflicts in the Middle East,mentioning that the Palestinian state alongside Israel would not solve and would not end the said conflict. He discusses...
- Goldstone: Israel does not practice apartheid. // Washington Jewish Week;11/3/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 43, p15
The article reports on the claim by Richard Goldstone that Israel does not introduce apartheid policies and such accusations against the state retard rather than advance peace talks with Palestine.
- Decisive moment for a divisive document. Felson, Ethan // Washington Jewish Week;7/14/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 28, p14
The author comments on the study guide produced by the Presbyterian Church on the Kairos document in 2011, which was signed by Palestinian Christian leaders to analogize their circumstance to apartheid victims in 2009. He says that the friends of Israel see the Kairos as a road map for the...
- Segregation, harassment mark Palestinian life. // National Catholic Reporter;10/20/2000, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p15
Explores apartheid in Israel or the policy of separation of Arab and Jewish populations in Israel. Features of apartheid in South Africa; Apartheid policy in beaches and recreation areas of Israel; Discrimination of Palestinian Arabs in Israel.