- A problem shared. Short, Clare // New Statesman;11/28/97, Vol. 126 Issue 4362, p24
Discusses the need for social solidarity as well as scientific advance to tackle HIV/AIDS. Estimated number of AIDS sufferers; Prohibitive cost of drug therapies; Need to make condoms available and affordable; Needed improvement of sex education.
- Mayors announce HIV/AIDS prevention grant program. // Nation's Health;Mar96, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p9
Reports that the US Conference for Mayors, in cooperation with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, has issued a call for proposals for its HIV/AIDS Prevention Grants Program. Program description; Contact information.
- 1990's: The decade of Aids mortality. Atwood, J. Brian // Vital Speeches of the Day;9/15/95, Vol. 61 Issue 23, p716
Presents a speech given by the administrator for United States Agency for International Development delivered before the Third USAID HIV/AIDS Prevention Conference in Washington, DC, on August 7, 1995, and dealing with the issue of the fight against HIV infections and AIDS.
- 2nd International Conference on AIDS in India, December 1999. Samuel, N.M. // Emerging Infectious Diseases;Jan/Feb2000, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p89
Details several recommended preventive measures for HIV and AIDS disease as stated on the second International Conference on AIDS on December 5-8, 1999 in Chennai, India.
- AIDS conference addresses African-American AIDS epidemic. Elder, Michaelyn C. // New York Amsterdam News;09/02/99, Vol. 90 Issue 36, p15
Reports on the highlights of the National HIV Prevention Conference held on August 29-September 1, 1999, in Atlanta, Georgia. Focus on five HIV/AIDS issues affecting the United States population; Disparity between the number of incidences of white and Afro-American infection and mortality;...
- Global AIDS pandemic wanes. Colbert, Chuck // Bay Area Reporter;11/29/2012, Vol. 42 Issue 48, p1
The article offers information the global community efforts to prevent HIV infections and reduce the cases of AIDS.
- White House announces nat'l HIV/AIDS strategy. // Windy City Times;7/14/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 41, p4
The article reports that the U.S. government has released the National HIV/AIDS Strategy (NHAS) and the NHAS Federal Implementation Plan on July 13, 2010 to combat the growing HIV/AIDS epidemic.
- National HIV/AIDS Strategy announced by US govt. // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;7/24/2010, Issue 608, p14
The article reports on the new National HIV/AIDS Strategy (NHAS) announced by the U.S. government in conjunction with the NHAS Federal Implementation Plan.
- Criminalization biggest threat to HIV prevention, conference hears. Hainsworth, Jeremy // Xtra West (Vancouver);10/20/2011, Issue 474, p12
Information about a conference held in Vancouver on October 12, 2011 which discussed the stigmatizing effect on the criminalizing the nondisclosure of HIV status prior to sex as threat against health initiatives in slowing the spread of sexually diseases such as HIV/AIDS.