Why Silicon Valley Expat Entrepreneurs Return Home
- Indian American from Chicago Indicted in Visa Fraud. JHA, LALIT K. // India -- West;9/12/2014, Vol. 39 Issue 43, pB10
No abstract available.
- The American Brain Drain. SULLIVAN, KEVIN // News India Times;3/1/2013, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p4
The article discusses the restrictive U.S. visa system, which creates problems to skilled immigrants in establishing their business in the nation. It mentions about the ongoing debate regarding immigration to decide the fate of 11 million undocumented migrants in the country. Also featured is...
- Are Businesses Misusing H-1B Visas? Greengard, Samuel // Baseline;3/19/2013, p1
The article discusses the misconceptions among business owners about H1-B visas in the U.S. It mentions the problem faced by the U.S. concerning shortage in workers who are skilled in science, technology, engineering and mathematics. To address the challenge, the federal government has developed...
- October 2012 priority dates. Gurfinkel, Michael J. // Filipino Reporter;9/21/2012, Vol. 40 Issue 42, p21
The article identifies the priority dates for October 2012 set by the Visa Office of the U.S. State Department for various family and employment-based categories.
- H-1B Visa Filings Up After Slump. Maurer, Roy // HR Magazine;Jan2010, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p12
The article reports on the significant increase in H-1B visa petitions after a sluggish filing season in fiscal 2010 in the U.S.
- Critics exaggerate holes in visa system. Alden, Edward // Hill;5/21/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 60, p16
The author discusses the criticisms for the visa system in the U.S.
- How to Marry a Foreign National. Wolan, Priyanka // News India Times;10/14/2011, Vol. 42 Issue 41, p2
The author discusses the advantages and disadvantages of spousal visa (K-3) and fiance visa (K-1), the two ways to bring a spouse to live in the U.S.
- Dissent Is About Making the Right Decision. WARLICK, JAMES // Foreign Service Journal;Dec2013, Vol. 90 Issue 12, p39
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of dissenting a visa of a Russian businessman, who has political support in the U.S., for which he had won dissenting the American Foreign Service Association's (AFSA) Christian Herter Award.
- GOPIO to Take Up NRI Passport, Visa Issues with India. Jha, Lalit K. // India -- West;12/17/2010, Vol. 36 Issue 4, pA26
The article reports on the plan of the Global Organization of People of Indian Origin (GOPIO) to deliberate the passport and visa issues of the non-resident Indian community in the U.S.