Carbon offsets and the emerging climate coalition
- Travel company says carbon offsets don't work. Butler, Simon // Green Left Weekly;11/18/2009, Issue 818, p24
The article reports on the belief of Responsibletravel.com on the distraction of carbon offsetting due to climate change.
- Untitled. // Utility Week;1/18/2008, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p31
A list of the articles included in an issue dedicated to the international frameworks being put in place to mitigate climate change and their domestic implications is presented, which includes domestic climate change legislation, the Carbon Reduction Commitment and government plans for...
- UK eff orts to cut CO2 emissions are 'ineffective'. Williams, David // Public Finance;5/7/2010, p9
The article reports on the finding of the study from the Centre for Economic Performance on the unlikeliness of the costs of emitting carbon dioxide to rise high enough to stimulate green energy production despite a range of government climate change policies in Great Britain.
- Needless climate regulation. Morris, Dick // Hill;12/10/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 146, p25
In this article the author discusses aspects of goals towards climate change of the U.S. from 1990 to the carbon emissions goals in the 1997 Kyoto Accords and the pledge of the President Barack Obama to bring carbon emissions down by 17 percent.
- PURCHASING IN AN UNREGULATED MARKET: FEDERAL GOVERNMENT PROCUREMENT OF CARBON OFFSETS. Taylor, Katie // Public Contract Law Journal;Fall2009, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p141
The article examines the voluntary carbon offset market in the U.S. as it relates to federal procurement. It explains some of the challenges associated with government procurement in the carbon offset market such as the lack of competition, transparency and integrity. It also offers solutions on...
- COMMENTARY: Do agricultural and forestry carbon offset schemes encourage sustainable climate solutions? Smith, Pete // International Journal of Agricultural Sustainability;2008, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p169
The author reflects on the issue concerning the carbon offset programme in Great Britain. He questions on the effectiveness of the programme in changing human behaviour and in creating sustainable solutions for climate change. The author explains both the positive impact and negative side of the...
- Upcoming Conferences and Events. // Carbon & Climate Law Review;2011, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p509
A calendar of events from April to October 2012 including Navigating the American Carbon World to be held in San Francisco, California, Climate Change and Energy Regulation to be held in Brussels, Belgium and Sixty-seventh meeting of the Executive Board to be held in Bonn, Germany.
- Stakeholders of Voluntary Forest Carbon Offset Projects in China: An Empirical Analysis. Lin, Derong; Lin, Yingzhi // Advances in Meteorology;6/7/2015, Vol. 2015, p1
Climate change is one of the defining challenges facing the planet. Voluntary forest carbon offset project which has the potential to boost forest carbon storage and mitigate global warming has aroused the global concern. The objective of this paper is to model the game situation and analyze the...
- Firms told to prepare for climate change. // Utility Week;11/25/2011, p6
The article reports on the need for firms to consider adaptation to climate change as part of their carbon mitigation efforts, according to a conference held by the Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management in Great Britain in November 2011.