Federal Stimulus Package Problematic
- Pledges galore! Offei-Ansah, Jon // New African;May2002, Issue 407, p15
Reports on the financial aid received by the government in Ghana. Debt of the government; Inclusions of the funds; Development of the Ghana Poverty Reduction Strategy.
- World Bank. // Africa Report;Jan/Feb94, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p12
Reports on the increase in the private resource flow to developing countries. $157 billion as the net flow of external finance to developing countries; Debt forgiveness offset by the capitalization of debt interest and accumulation of arrears; Limiting of capital flows to middle-income...
- F.A.Q. on U.S. Aid to Egypt: Where Does the Money Go-And Who Decides How It's Spent? Wang, Marian // Pro Publica;1/30/2011, p2
The article presents a blog on foreign aid given by the U.S. to Egypt.
- Backgrounder: What Are the United States' Options for Suspending Egypt's Aid? Wang, Marian // Pro Publica;1/30/2011, p19
A blog on foreign aid given by the U.S. to Egypt is presented.
- Can Foreign Aid help Stop Terrorism? Graham, Carol // Brookings Review;Summer2002, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p28
Discusses the use of foreign aid programs in the prevention of terrorism in the U.S. Benefits of increasing foreign assistance; Role of foreign aid in the reduction of poverty; Benefits and drawbacks of using foreign aid to fight terrorism.
- Foreign aid. Graham, Carol // Brookings Review;Spring97, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p19
Views the effectivity of foreign aid of the United States. Rank of the United States foreign aid from other countries; Reason for the extensive debate over aid; Three questions raise about the findings of aid flows; What accounts for the negative correlation between aid flows and growth...
- Overcoming the cycle of despair. Hair, Jay R. // International Wildlife;May/Jun93, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p26
Discusses the report `Foreign Aid: What Counts for Sustainable Development?,' prepared by Bread for the World--Institute on Hunger and Development. Objectives necessary for foreign aid's success in reducing poverty and hunger, leading to environmentally sustainable development; Improving...
- Putting your money where your mouth is. Rorty, Richard // UNESCO Sources;May96, Issue 79, p8
Focuses on the issue of economic triage in the international community. Vision of a global cooperative commonwealth; Attitudes of the rich toward the world's poorest inhabitants; Arguments; Analogy with medical triage; Moral and ethical aspects.
- We need to talk! Dennett, Daniel // UNESCO Sources;May96, Issue 79, p9
Focuses on the issue of economic triage in the international community. Notion of a global moral community; Reply to Richard Rorty's pessimistic article; Value of information; Consideration of alternatives; Analogy with chess; Expectations.
- Where did the money go? // Washington Monthly;Dec86, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p21
Venezuela received $33.5 billion in foreign aid in the 1970s and neither the borrowers nor the lenders know where it went. INSET: Latin America on $10 billion a day. Boondoggles.;Lack of....