Stimulus just way too big to spend this year
- G-20 Governments to Bail Out Sagging Porn Industries. C. J. C. // Bank Loan Report;4/6/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 14, p2
The author reflects on the bailout plan of the federal government to various industries in the U.S. for 2009. She believes that the bailout plan will be successful in helping industries in recovering their losses and agrees on a forecast that the economy of the country will begin to recover in...
- We need to take our medicine -- and get government out of the way. // Inside Tucson Business;12/17/2007, Vol. 17 Issue 27, p20
The author reflects on the bailout program in the U.S. He mentions that Professor Gerald Swanson express that sickness will be prolonged unless medicines are taken. He notes that the sickness mentioned is being in the recession period of the government. He emphasizes that the program as...
- Treasury Rejects Direct Aid to Insurers. Ackerman, Andrew; Herman, Jack; Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;2/11/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33060, p1
The article reports on the rejection of the U.S. Treasury Department to provide assistance to monoline bond insurers as part of their economic recovery programs. The rejection of any aid to the bond insurance came during a background briefing following Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner's...
- Fourteen days. // American Conservative;10/20/2008, Vol. 7 Issue 20, p4
The article reports international developments in various industries in October 2008. The approval of Henry Paulson's bailout package for failing institutions has gained so much criticisms among concerned citizens in the U.S. Various European countries offer extensive guarantees to their...
- 'Heads I Win, Tails I'm Bailed Out'. Harrop, Froma // Progressive Populist;10/15/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 18, p6
The article offers the author's opinion on the impact of the bailout effort for the economic recovery in the U.S. The author highlights the scope of success on the implementation of the bailout in Wall Street, regarding its aid on the economy and the stockholders. It also explores the effort of...
- EU releases â‚¬1.5 bln bailout payment to Cyprus. // Regional Today;9/30/2013, p4
The article discusses the 1.5 billion Euro bailout payment released by the financial emergency fund of the European Union to aid Cyprus.
- Sanaa seeks $2bn bailout from Riyadh. Salisbury, Peter // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;8/7/2009, Vol. 53 Issue 32, p15
The article reports on the two billion dollar bailout secured by Yemen with Saudi Arabia to avert a cash crisis. The money will be compensated to pay fuel and goods import, the wages of its public sector, and payment to tribal leaders. The distribution of the money will be managed through a...
- Muddle through. Tora, Brian // Money Marketing;10/13/2011, p34
The author discusses the unchanged markets for the heavily indebted European countries despite the bailout and financial pumping made by the Eurozone's financial stability facility.
- Anxieties grow among Republicans. Bolton, Alexander // Hill;9/18/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 107, p1
The article reports that Republican lawmakers and conservative leaders are angry about the $85 billion bailout of the American International Group (AIG) which was announced less than a month after they pledge to control federal spending.