- Adland Loses a Storied Character. O'Leary, Noreen // Adweek Eastern Edition;2/22/1999, Vol. 40 Issue 8, p5
Reports on the death of businessman Carl Ally. Achievements of Ally; Career history.
- The 10-year-old news. // Adweek Western Edition;11/14/94, Vol. 44 Issue 46, p20
Presents snippets of an article in the November 12, 1984 issue of `Adweek' magazine which quoted the valedictory remarks of Carl Ally, who had just announced his retirement from Ally & Gargano. Madison Avenue's creative revolution; Prediction on the source of innovative advertising.
- Adland Loses a Storied Character. O'Leary, Noreen // Adweek Western Edition;02/22/99, Vol. 49 Issue 8, p53
Pays tribute to Carl Ally, an advertising executive. Career background; Information on Carl Ally Inc.; Remarks by people who knew him; Ally's influence in the development of Federal Express and MCI companies.
- Ally, Dougherty, Bloom enter Hall. // Advertising Age;4/1/1991, Vol. 62 Issue 14, p6
The article reports on the induction of advertising executives Carl Ally, the late Sam Bloom and the late advertising columnist Phil Dougherty into the Advertising Hall of Fame in the U.S. as of April 4, 1991. Ally was cited for his former agency's breakthrough creative work for clients...
- Dedicated to Carl Ally. Ephron, Erwin // MediaWeek;11/17/2008, Vol. 18 Issue 41, p12
The article presents a first person narrative of the author's experiences in working for the advertising agency the Carl Ally Agency and his memories of Carl Ally, the founder of that business.
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR. Snyder, Wally; Gandel, Earl; Stonbely, George // Advertising Age;4/19/1999, Vol. 70 Issue 17, p54
Presents letters to the editor referencing articles and topics discussed in previous issues. "Consumers Reach the Boiling Point Over Privacy Issues," which focused on consumer trust in electronic commerce; Inclusion of Carl Ally in The Top 100 Advertising People; Contribution of outdoor...
- Ally, Bloom, Dougherty join ad industry legends. Colford, Steven W. // Advertising Age;12/17/1990, Vol. 61 Issue 52, p4
The article reports on the induction of Carl Ally, Sam Bloom and Philip Dougherty into the Advertising Hall of Fame of the American Advertising Federation. Carl Ally is a self-described executive in advertising who founded and cultivated first Carl Ally Inc. and then Ally & Gargano into a...
- The Bite Behind. // Time;7/15/1966, Vol. 88 Issue 3, p95
The article reports on the advertising campaign of automobile rental company Hertz Corp. in the U.S. It says that the company will change its domestic advertising account from Norma, Craig and Kummel to Carl Ally Inc. with board chairman Carl Ally. It notes that Ally's approach is determined by...
- When the Big Guy Hits Back. // Time;12/23/1966, Vol. 88 Issue 26, p69
The article offers information on the advertising campaign of car rental companies Hertz Corp. and Avis Inc. in the U.S. It says that Carl Ally of Carl Ally Inc. holds the account of Hertz for advertising that developed a confrontational advertisement against Avis. However, it says that Avis and...