- Continued surveillance needed to monitor global HIV drug resistance. // Infectious Disease News;Dec2012, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p21
The article reports on the discussion of global HIV drug-resistance surveillance data from the World Health Organization (WHO) during the HIV11 Congress held in Glasgow, Scotland, from November 11 to 15, 2012.
- Current Drug Design of Anti-HIV Agents Through the Inhibition of C-C Chemokine Receptor Type 5. Speck-Planche, Alejandro; Dias Soeiro Cordeiro, Maria Natália // Current Computer-Aided Drug Design;Dec2011, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p238
Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) is the responsible causal agent of acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS),a condition in humans in which the immune system begins to fail, allowing the entry of opportunistic infections. HIV infection in humans is considered pandemic by the World Health...
- HIV drugs can prevent infection. ROEHR, BOB // Windy City Times;12/1/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p5
The article discusses a study which found that human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) drugs could reduce new infections by 43.8 percent in the high-risk men who have sex with men (MSM) and transgender persons.
- HIV Baby Cured Through Early Treatment. Steenhuysen, Julie // Tennessee Tribune;3/7/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p6B
The article reports on a case of a baby girl from Mississippi who has HIV infection at birth and was cured with an early treatment of standard HIV medication.
- Clinical digest. Mortality trends show more people with HIV dying from non AIDS cancers. // Nursing Standard;8/6/2014, Vol. 28 Issue 49, p16
The article discusses research which was reported in the article "Trends in Underlying Causes of Death in People With HIV from 1999 to 2011 (D:A:D): A Multicohort Collaboration" by C. Smith et al., which appeared in a 2014 issue of "Lancet" and found that there has been an increase in AIDS...
- Take a PILL. MCCANN, MARCUS // Xtra (Toronto);2/6/2014, Issue 764, p14
The article discusses international debate on the efficacy and other moral and ethical controversies involving the intake of pre-exposure prophylaxis by HIV-negative individuals for the prevention of acquiring HIV infection.
- WHICH TREATMENT? McGuire, James // Gay Community News;Jun2013, Issue 282, p37
In this article, the author informs about the approval of powerful drug treatments for people who have become drug-resistant with HIV positive.
- HIV may carry stroke risk. // Clinical Advisor;Mar2011, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p30
The article discusses a study conducted by physicians Bruce Ovbiagele and Avindra Nath which revealed the stroke risks of HIV treatments and HIV infection.
- Education, Adherence Key to Surviving HIV/AIDS. Shorts Jr., Sylvester C. // Washington Informer;12/3/2015, Vol. 51 Issue 8, p19
The article offers information on the need for spreading awareness about HIV/AIDS among adolescents and adults, and anti-HIV medications for prevention and treatment of HIV/AIDS.