George Engelke Remembered for Strong Will, Bold Streak
- George Engelke Remembered for Strong Will, Bold Streak. Reosti, John // American Banker;12/23/2014, Vol. 179 Issue 196, p00
The article presents an obituary for former Astoria Financial bank Chief Executive Officer George Engelke.
- Former Astoria Chief George Engelke Dies. Wilhelm, Colin // Americanbanker.com;12/16/2014, p1
George Engelke Jr., former chairman, president, and chief executive of the Astoria Financial in Lake Success, N.Y., has died.
- Astoria Projects Strong Growth in Multi-Family Lending. Berry, Kate // American Banker;9/12/2012, Vol. 177 Issue 141, p12
The article discusses the remarks of Astoria Financial company's chief executive officer Monte N. Redman who spoke about the company's multi-family and commercial real estate loans portfolio, saying the thrift institution expects to have $1.5 billion in total loans in that sector in 2012, at the...
- On the sidelines of takeover mania, Astoria grows on its own terms. Gabriel, Frederick // Crain's New York Business;12/18/95, Vol. 11 Issue 51, p12
Reports on the growth of Astoria Financial Corp. under the leadership of George Engelke Jr. Refusal to participate in the banking industry's consolidation trend; Acquisition of Fidelity New York in February 1995; Strategies in expanding its loan portfolio; Growth prospects and strategies.
- George Engelke Remembered for Strong Will, Bold Streak. Reosti, John // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;12/29/2014, p1
An obituary is presented for George Engelke, former Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Astoria Financial.
- A gentle giant. Solnik, Claude // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);8/30/2002, Vol. 49 Issue 36, p5A
Profiles George Engelke, a chief executive officer in Garden City, New York. Career background; Educational attainment; Awards and achievements.
- Stocking up on bank stocks. Solnik, Claude // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);8/16/2002, Vol. 49 Issue 34, p1B
Presents views of George Engelke, chief executive officer of Astoria Financial Corp., on the earnings performance among banks in Lake Success, New York. Risks of the lending company; Accounts on the result of the ongoing low interest rate; Business operations of Astoria financial Corp.
- Astoria Feels Squeeze from Yield Curve. Johnson, Hilary // American Banker;1/26/2007, Vol. 172 Issue 18, p20
The article focuses on Astoria Financial Corp. which reported fourth-quarter earnings that matched the estimates of Thomson Financial analysts. The Lake Success, New York company reported profits falling 36% from a year earlier. The company's chief executive officer (CEO), George L. Engelke Jr.,...
- Astoria CEO Plans A July Retirement. Davidson, Kate // American Banker;1/28/2011, Vol. 176 Issue F304, p4
The article reports that chief executive George L. Engelke Jr. will resign that position but remain chairman of the board at Astoria Financial Corp.