PART VI: DIGITAL MEDIA: 26. SOCIAL NETWORKS
- THE STATS. // SC Magazine: For IT Security Professionals (15476693);Aug2010, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p13
The article presents statistics related to the Internet including the percentage of U.S. citizens using Facebook, Twitter, MySpace and other social media and the value of virtual merchandise purchased through smartphones in 2009.
- Interactive Instagram. // Public Relations Tactics;Jun2015, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p6
Statistics are presented showing the average number of user interactions per post on social media sites, such as Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
- Staying on show. Smith, Nicola // New Media Age;10/7/2010, p21
The article discusses Facebook as an advertising space and ways to maintain visibility of one's advertisement on the site. One of biggest benefits of advertising on the social network site is its ability to accurately target users based on anonymous profile information. But it is critical to...
- Brands stand by Facebook ads. // Marketing (00253650);12/5/2007, p2
The article reports that social networking Web site Facebook has been forced to alter the way it runs its Beacon advertising system after thousands of users signed a petition protesting about the recently launched service. The protests centered on the fact that the system sends messages to a...
- Instagram in advertising U-turn. Shields, Ronan // Money Marketing (Online Edition);12/21/2012, p6
The article reports that Burbn Inc., which owns the photo-sharing website Instagram, has shifted to its original advertising terms and conditions to stop unrest prompted by an earlier update to its advertising policies. There was wide unrest after an update to its terms and conditions which led...
- Social network users reluctant to join branded groups. Goldie, Luan // Marketing Week;4/16/2009, Vol. 32 Issue 16, p59
The article focuses on a study which found that less than one third of online social network users would be willing to join a brand's group even with the offer of exclusive or free content. According to the survey of over 1900 British adults conducted by the Internet Advertising Bureau (IAB),...
- Google+ a ghost town as brands decamp for Pinterest. DELO, COTTON // Advertising Age;5/21/2012, Vol. 83 Issue 21, p2
The article focuses on Google+, the online social network created by Internet industry firm Google Inc. The limited use of the network for Internet marketing by companies and brand name products is examined, and largely attributed to the lack of traffic from Internet users on their home pages...
- Stats. // Revolution (14605953);Apr2009, p12
The article presents statistics on a variety of topics including the number of hours spent on social networking sites each month by the average British Internet user according to comScore, the percentage of marketers who cite a lack of understanding as the chief barrier to investing in social...
- surveys & stats. // Public Relations Tactics;Jan2012, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p4
The article presents statistics related to the percentage of adult Internet users who use online social networking sites Facebook, Twitter, or Linkedln to do various activities which include connecting with friends, staying in touch with family, and making new friends.