Sri Lanka's `ethnic' conflict in its literature in English
- An Introduction to Sri Lankan Literature. Freeman, Ru; Seneviratne, Malinda // Words Without Borders: The Online Magazine for International Lit;Jun2013, p2
The article discusses the developments in Sri Lankan literature. The historical works were made in written and oral traditions, and applied in rituals, where various topics addressed include agriculture, politics, and economy. Sinhalese literature has a dominant history in the country than its...
- Works Cited. // Cross / Cultures: Readings in the Post / Colonial Literatures in;2015, Vol. 180, p213
No abstract available.
- SRI LANKAN POETRY. R.O.; D.B.S.J. // New Princeton Encyclopedia of Poetry & Poetics;1993, p1209
The article presents a definition of the term SRI LANKAN POETRY. SRI LANKAN POETRY covers work in three langs.: Sinhala poetry, which dates to the 1st c. A.D.; Tamil poetry, which developed a distinctly S. L. identity in the 20th c.; and English poetry, of which a small but significant body of...
- XVII: New Literatures. Abodunrin, Femi; Dale, Leigh; Tiffin, Chris; Lane, Richard; Scafe, Suzanne; Tickell, Alex; Chambers, Claire; Wattie, Nelson // Year's Work in English Studies;2006, Vol. 85, p978
Chapter 17 of the journal "This Year's Work in English Studies" is presented. The chapter presents a narrative bibliography of publications on new literatures in English. These publications cover literature from Africa, Australia, Canada, the Caribbean, the Indian Subcontinent and Sri Lanka, and...
- The Tamil Vikramaditya. Zvelebil, Kamil V. // Journal of the American Oriental Society;Apr-Jun97, Vol. 117 Issue 2, p294
Presents information on the differences between the construction of linked tales and novels in Tamil literature. Types of construction in linked tales; Reference made to the Tamil tale, `The Story of Matanakamarajan'; Style of Tamil versions; English versions of Tamil stories.
- Tamil literature. Parthasarathy, R. // World Literature Today;Spring94, Vol. 68 Issue 2, p253
Presents an overview of contemporary Tamil literature in India. Short story as dominant writing; Novels of Ka. Naaa. Subramanyam, L.S. Ramamirtham, T. Janakiraman and Neela Padmanabhan; Innovations in Tamil poetry.
- Old Tamil Sangam akam Lyrics - Coded â€œMini-Narrativesâ€? Vacek, Jaroslav // ArchÃv OrientalnÃ;2012, Vol. 80 Issue 3, p357
The article presents a discussion of the narrative qualities of Old Tamil language love lyrics of Sangam literature that has been adapted from a paper originally read at the "Pandanus International Seminar on Narrative Techniques in Indian Literature and Arts" in January 2010.
- AMAZING SURVIVAL, GREAT GROWTH - DIASPORA LITERATURE IN INDIAN TONGUES. Thirumalai, M. S. // Language in India;Feb2007, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p2
The article discusses the origin, development and growth of Indian Diaspora Tamil Literature in Singapore. It states the focus of the literary works of migrant Tamil literature in Malaya and Singapore such as processes of adoption, problems faced, challenges overcame and failures and poverty. It...
- The flawed finale. Maier, Karl // Africa Report;Jul/Aug92, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p46
Reports that the last months before President Ibrahim Babangida turns over his military government to civilians are shaping up as a real headache. Ethnic clashes in the north of Nigeria; People in the south who are hurting from harsh measures to restructure the economy; How the government has...