THE THREE FRAGMENTS OF KAFKA'S 'THE HUNTER GRACCHUS'
- Man of Letter. Steiner, George // New Yorker;5/28/90, Vol. 66 Issue 15, p107
Focuses on Franz Kafka and his literary works. Volume of secondary literature on Kafka; Lack of account of the tidal motion that bore Kafka's idiosyncracies; Critique of Kafka's German prose including "Before the Law" and "The Hunter Gracchus"; Biographical sketch of Kafka.
- Franz Kafka . Neuse, Werner // World Literature Today;Spring89, Vol. 63 Issue 2, p184
Pays tribute to German writer Franz Kafka.
- Kafka--Prague. Norwich, Rose // Lantern;Oct91, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p9
Profiles Franz Kafka, a German literary figure, and talks about the exhibition of his works in several countries around the globe. Biography of Kafka; Details on his literary works; Schedules and venues of the Kafka--Prague exhibition; Features of the exhibition.
- CHANGING MINDS, SAVING LIVES: FRANZ KAFKA AS A KEY INDUSTRIAL REFORMER. Wasserman, Martin // East European Quarterly;Winter2001, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p473
Focuses on the political and industrial views of industrial reformer and writer, Franz Kafka. Reputation; Family background; Career history; Achievements and contributions to industrial reform.
- Kafka, genealogy, and the spiritualization of politics. Bennett, Jane // Journal of Politics;Aug94, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p650
Discusses the question of ideals and their role in political and ethical life, in the context of the works of Franz Kafka. `Genealogical' approach to ideals; Reference to Kafka's `Great Wall of China' and `In the Penal Colony'; Genealogical effects existing alongside counteracting and...
- The Impossibility of Being Kafka. Ozick, Cynthia // New Yorker;01/11/99, Vol. 74 Issue 41, p80
Provides information on novelist Franz Kafka. Novels of Kafka; Subject of Kafka's writings; Style in writing; Childhood; Educational background; Where Kafka draws his inspiration from.
- Kafka and the dialect of minor literature. Corngold, Stanley // College Literature;Feb94, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p89
Alludes to Franz Kafka as an author writing in the language of minor literature. Kafka's definition of minor literature; Tendency in contemporary criticism; Retranslation and reinterpretation of Kafka's stories and novels; Benefits of literary activities; Kafka's relation to the traditions of...
- Rags to wretches. Richler, Mordecai // Saturday Night;Mar98, Vol. 113 Issue 2, p25
Profiles writer Franz Kafka. Why the Austria Franz Kafka Society decided to sell the memorabilia of the writer; Norbert Winkler as the enterprising secretary of the organization; How the fans of Mozart earn money with the Mozart Kugels.
- JERRY, ED, FRANK, FRANZ (& FRIENDS) AND I WALK INTO A BARRIER... Murphy, Ryan Andrew // West Coast Line;Summer2010, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p89
An eulogy for artist Franz Kafka is presented.