THE THREE FRAGMENTS OF KAFKA'S 'THE HUNTER GRACCHUS'
- Man of Letter. Steiner, George // New Yorker;5/28/90, Vol. 66 Issue 15, p107
Focuses on Franz Kafka and his literary works. Volume of secondary literature on Kafka; Lack of account of the tidal motion that bore Kafka's idiosyncracies; Critique of Kafka's German prose including "Before the Law" and "The Hunter Gracchus"; Biographical sketch of Kafka.
- Kafka--Prague. Norwich, Rose // Lantern;Oct91, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p9
Profiles Franz Kafka, a German literary figure, and talks about the exhibition of his works in several countries around the globe. Biography of Kafka; Details on his literary works; Schedules and venues of the Kafka--Prague exhibition; Features of the exhibition.
- CHANGING MINDS, SAVING LIVES: FRANZ KAFKA AS A KEY INDUSTRIAL REFORMER. Wasserman, Martin // East European Quarterly;Winter2001, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p473
Focuses on the political and industrial views of industrial reformer and writer, Franz Kafka. Reputation; Family background; Career history; Achievements and contributions to industrial reform.
- Present Kafka Research : An Outlook. Caputo-Mayr, Maria-Luise // Journal of Modern Literature;Sep77, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p331
Presents information on the research conducted on the writings of Franz Kafka. Critical reactions to Kafka's work; Details on the annotated bibliography of Kafka studies from 1955 to 1975; Development of avenues of Kafka criticism.
- Kafka and the Planing Machine. Morse, J. Mitchell // Journal of Modern Literature;Sep77, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p337
Focuses on the vocabulary and the syntax written by Franz Kafka. Observations of Walter Sokel on Kafka's vocabulary; Discussion on the Talmudic logic; Criticism on the vocabulary written by Kafka.
- Franz Kafka and Literary Nihilism. Emrich, Wilhelm // Journal of Modern Literature;Sep77, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p366
Deals with the works of Franz Kafka related to literary nihilism. Origin of the Nihilism political movement; Analysis of Friedrich Nietzsche oh nihilism; Approach of Kafka towards nihilism.
- Kafka'a Narrative Rhetoric. Beicken, Peter U. // Journal of Modern Literature;Sep77, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p398
Deals with Franz Kafka's use of the narrative method in his works. Focus of the critical concern in the works of Kafka; Importance of coherence in the work of Kafka; Discussion of the terms complementing the categories incompleteness and discontinuity.
- Franz and Ottla: Kafka's Letters to His Sister. Wagenbach, Klaus // Journal of Modern Literature;Sep77, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p437
Deals with the letters of Franz Kafka to his sister Ottla. Comparison of Kafka's collection of letters with other letters exchanged within the family; Relationship of Kafka with his parents; Career background of Kafka.
- My Personal Meetings With Franz Kafka. Urzidil, Gertrude // Journal of Modern Literature;Sep77, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p446
Discusses the personal meetings of Gertrude Urzidil with Franz Kafka. Discussion on how Urzidil met Kafka; Kafka's comparison of the insurance business to the religion of a primitive tribe; Details on the death of Kafka.