Acerca del Informe sobre desarrollo humano 2009, del Programa de las Naciones Unidas para el Desarrollo
- The New Migration and Development Optimism: A Review of the 2009 Human Development Report. Gamlen, Alan // Global Governance;Jul-Sep2010, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p415
This article reviews the book "Human Development Report 2009: Overcoming Barriers: Human Mobility and Development " from the United Nations (UN) Development Programme.
- Doors Closing. // Canada & the World Backgrounder;Mar2011, Vol. 76 Issue 3, p14
The article focuses on the difficulties of moving from country to country. It says that few countries accept large numbers of immigrants, and they have become increasingly selective about who enters. It adds that while barriers to trade across borders have lessened, limitations to the movement...
- DEVELOPMENT. // World Future Review (World Future Society);Winter2011, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p84
The article reviews several books related to the development such as "Poor Economics: A Radical Rethinking of the Way to Fight Global Poverty," by Abhijit V. Banerjee and Esther Duflo, "Human Development Report 2009: Overcoming Barriers: Human Mobility and Development," and "Human Development...
- Under the Radar. // Canada & the World Backgrounder;Mar2011, Vol. 76 Issue 3, p22
The article reports on illegal immigrants (IIM) and their gains and losses. The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) says there are now about 50 million people living and working abroad illegally. The UNDP reports that though IIMs get deprived of social services and get picked up in an...
- SOCIAL LANDSCAPE. // Israel Country Profile;2011, p59
The article presents an analysis on the social landscape in Israel. It mentions the success of the Israeli government in creating a progressive society despite the challenge of large-scale immigration from various countries. It notes that the country ranked 17th on the United Nations Development...
- Analysis of a South-South International Migration: Chinese Newcomers in Antananarivo and Dakar. Rajaoson, Julien // Acta Universitatis Danubius. Relationes Internationales;2015, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p56
South-South dynamic migrations offer the opportunity to some impoverished countries to establish a Diaspora outside their territorial bases in the perspective to address the issues raised by this phenomenon of extreme poverty from abroad. First of all, it is noteworthy that the volume of...
- Rapport mondial sur le dÃ©veloppement humain 2009. Lever les barriÃ¨res : mobilitÃ© et dÃ©veloppement humains. BEAUCHEMIN, Cris // Population (00324663);abr-jun2010, Vol. 65 Issue 2, p389
No abstract available.
- Reexaminando la migraciÃ³n a partir del Informe sobre Desarrollo Humano 2009. Lacomba, Joan; Benlloch, Cristina // Revista EspaÃ±ola de Investigaciones Sociologicas;abr-jun2013, Issue 142, p93
Since the 1970s, the link between migration and development has been identified as a major topic of political and scientific debate. As a sign of a renewed interest in the issue, in 2009 the United Nations Development Programme published its Human Development Report (HDR) with the title...
- Don't mind the media, Mrs. Mirosh, we're all listening anyway. Byfield, Link // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;4/12/93, Vol. 20 Issue 17, p2
Discusses the remarks made by Canada's Community Services Minister Dianne Mirosh concerning immigrants. Other groups she has offended in the past; Mirosh's three points; Argument that shutting out strangers is an inborn human instinct; More.