An example of improper gun handling
- Make decision in advance on firing gun. Barbee, David D. // DVM: The Newsmagazine of Veterinary Medicine;Sep2009, Vol. 40 Issue 9, p26
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "A dog day afternoon" in the July 2009 issue.
- Letters. // Women's Review of Books;Mar2004, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p4
Presents a letter to the editor in response to the article "No More Rapping," by Mary Zeiss Stange, which deals with the acquisition of guns by women for crime prevention.
- Do guns cause crime? Does crime cause guns? A granger test. Southwick Jr., Lawrence // Atlantic Economic Journal;Sep97, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p256
Looks at the issue of how gun availability affects crime and gun deaths in the United States. How to reduce crime rates; Effects of policies which make guns more or less difficult to obtain; Test used in the study; Different areas of crime commited using guns.
- Public officials: Armed and dangerous? Elvin, John // Insight on the News;11/18/96, Vol. 12 Issue 43, p34
Comments on the large number of public officials in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania who carry guns. Protection against violence; Permits issued to carry concealed weapons; Gun carrying of Robert Brady, Democratic Party chairman in Philadelphia.
- Politically incorrect heroism . . . Sowell, Thomas // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;07/19/99, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p18
Comments on United States mainstream media's treatment of news items that illustrate the benefits of permitting law-abiding citizens to own guns. Mainstream media's refusal to feature the heroic deed by a man in San Mateo, California who saved three hostages with the use of a gun; Weak media...
- To arm or not to arm security officers, a complex issue. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;May98, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p77
Looks at the issue of arming security officers. Need for extensive training in security officers' use of weapons; Need for more stringent state laws governing armed security; Need for critical incident report writing of an officer's use of force which should be followed by a chronology.
- DOJ begins review of gun safety. Wilson, Megan R. // Hill;2/20/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 18, p12
The article reports that the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) has established a gun safety technology review, which was designated to challenge the private sector to create an advanced gun safety technologies, and to issue a report on its accessibility and effective use.
- EXERCISING THE RIGHT. Williamsen, Kurt // New American (08856540);8/4/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 16, p41
The article offers anecdotes depicting the benefits of bearing and keeping arms on the people's security in the U.S. A man from Memphis caught a burglar when he attempted to escape. Seventy-year old Billy Jackson protected himself from a holdup incident by shooting one of the intruders. Mother...
- All talk on terror and guns. PRESS, BILL // Hill;12/8/2015, Vol. 22 Issue 112, p21
The article argues against the views of the U.S. National Rifle Association on the issues of rules and regulations related to the using of guns and its usage for preventing terrorism.