- The eastern massasauga, in danger of extinction. Breisch, Alvin R. // Conservationist;Nov/Dec84, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p35
Reports on the danger of extinction faced by the eastern massasauga, a venomous snake found in New York state. Sistrurus catenatus catenatus as scientific name; Habitats; Feeding habits; Reasons for decline in massasauga populations; Conservation efforts.
- And Con. Horton, Morris // Conservationist;Mar/Apr85, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p50
Criticizes the effort to protect a poisonous snake called the eastern massasauga.
- Identifying Snake Species Threatened by Economic Exploitation and International Trade in China. Zhihua Zhou; Zhigang Jiang // Biodiversity & Conservation;Dec2005, Vol. 14 Issue 14, p3525
It is important to identify endangered species from thousands of species and take conservation measures in time. Many researchers have reported declines and overexploitation of snake species, but it is difficult to identify the species requiring emergency concern. We tried to identify the snake...
- The Survey of Ermia mangshanensis Resource in South China Tiger Nature Reserve. XIE, Heping; LI, Shizhou; WANG, Jianrong; CHEN, Yuanhui; CHEN, Lianchao; LEI, Shengqiao // Asian Agricultural Research;Jul2014, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p69
In 2007, one living Ermia mangshanensis was found in the Shapingpian area at the junction of South China Tiger Nature Reserve in North Guangdong and Hunan Mangshan National Nature Reserve. To learn more about Ermia mangshanensis resource, the researchers in South China Tiger Nature Reserve in...
- Biology. // Ohio Journal of Science;Mar2010, Vol. 110 Issue 1, pA-14
The article discusses several studies related to biology. One research compares the lead copper levels in abiotic and biotic samples from a coastal Mississippi shooting range. Another study focuses on the viability of semen collected from wild snakes to further that conservation effort of...
- POPULATION SIZE AND RECOVERY CRITERIA OF THE THREATENED LAKE ERIE WATERSNAKE: INTEGRATING MULTIPLE METHODS OF POPULATION ESTIMATION. King, Richard B.; Queral-Regil, Alejandro; Stanford, Kristin M. // Herpetological Monographs;2006, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p83
The Lake Erie watersnake, Nerodia sipedon insularum, occurs only in the island region of western Lake Erie, all area less than 40 km in diameter. Restricted geographic distribution and declining population size resulted in this snake's classification as Threatened in the U.S. and Endangered in...
- Andean condor experimental releases to enhance California condor recovery Wallace, Mike // Endangered Species Update;Mar/Apr1989, Vol. 6 Issue 5/6, p1
No abstract available.
- Population viability assessment workshop Clark, Tim W.; Backhouse, Gary N.; Lacy, Robert C. // Endangered Species Update;Dec1990, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p1
No abstract available.
- In Critical Condition. Van Putten, Mark // International Wildlife;Mar/Apr2001, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p7
Calls for improved wildlife conservation programs in the United States. Animals that are fast becoming endangered species; Need for vigilance, education, and advocacy to conserve habitat and keep the wild alive.