THE "PEACE PROCESS": DOWN AND OUT?
- Reconciling the Arab Initiative with Israel's core Requirement for Peace. Ben-Meir, Alon // American Diplomacy;7/22/2008, p1
The article examines the Arab Peace Initiative, which was aimed at resolving the conflict between the Arabs and Israel. The initiative addresses Israel to agree to withdraw territories occupied by the Arabs for several years. In accordance with the initiative, Israel has developed core...
- Archbishop Desmond Tutu Delivers Sabeel Conference Keynote Address. Gillespie, Michel; Mayfield, Betsy // Washington Report on Middle East Affairs;Jan/Feb2008, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p59
This article states that Archbishop Desmond Tutu thrilled a thousand attendees of the Friends of Sabeel-North America (FOSNA) conference at Boston, Massachusetts's Old South Church on October 27, 2007. Sabeel is an ecumenical grassroots liberation theology movement among Palestinian Christians....
- Why the Arab Peace Initiative Is Good for the Israeli Public. Dolev, Sharon // Palestine-Israel Journal of Politics, Economics & Culture;2007, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p26
The article discusses the significance of Arab Peace Initiative to Israeli Public. The scheme which was signed by all Arab countries provide a new perspective on the peace process and tackles with the problems that led to a lack of faith in peace in Israeli society and the disappearance of the...
- Shifting Sands. Zelnick, Robert // World Affairs;Nov/Dec2010, Vol. 173 Issue 4, p23
In this article the author discusses the prospects for peace between the Israeli government and the Palestinians. It is noted that the two parties have agreed to renewed negotiations as suggested by the administration of U.S. president Barack Obama. A number of topics are addressed including the...
- Bearer of False Witness. // Kurdish Life;Spring2006, Issue 58, p23
The article discusses the agreement of the Israelis and the Arabs to settle their dispute with a dogfight. It is suggested that the negotiators agreed that both countries would take five years to develop the best fighting dog to represent their country. It is agreed by both that whichever dog...
- Wye and the road to war. Feith, Douglas J. // Commentary;Jan1999, Vol. 107 Issue 1, p43
Comments on the agreement between Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Yasir Arafat, chairman of the Palestinian Authority (PA), at Maryland's Wye Plantation. Essence of the Wye River Memorandum; Criticisms about the provisions of the Wye Memorandum; Impediments to the enforcement of...
- Don't Give Up on Peace. // Christian Science Monitor;8/14/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 182, p10
Reflects on events in the Middle East and suggests that there is still the possibility of peace between people in Israel and the Palestinian territories.
- Obama's Dangerous Peace Talks 'Farce': Die Presse, Austria. Kern, William // Moderate Voice;9/8/2010, p7
A blog from William Kern, writer at the e-journal "The Moderate Voice," related to U.S. President Barack Obama's efforts to negotiate peace talks between Israel and Palestine is discussed.
- CORRIGENDA. // Jewish Social Studies;Winter/Spring88-92, Vol. 50 Issue 1/2, p124
A correction to the article "Deadlock at Lausanne: Six Months of Lost Opportunities for Peace in the Middle East" that was published in the 1987 issue of the journal is presented.