A Pimm and Proper World: An Interview with Biologist Stuart Pimm
- Look Who's Talking. Boyer, Ellen // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);6/9/2003, Vol. 23 Issue 50, p19
Interviews Stephen Winters-Hilt, bioinformatics and computational biologist at the New Orleans, Louisiana Children's Hospital and the University of New Orleans. Explaining the basics of bioinformatics and computational biology; Reliance of the medical field on computer technology; Computer...
- 'We've strong evidence that eating sugar contributes to heart disease'. // Down to Earth;9/1/2014, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p45
The article presents interview with Kimber Stanhope, nutritional biologist at the University of California is presented, in which she discusses the unique effects of fructose in the body, the implications of overconsuming carbohydrates, and the link between sugar and heart disease.
- Giant Trouble. Butcher, Margot // North & South;Mar2003, Issue 204, p78
Interviews Steve O'Shea, a marine biologist in New Zealand. Educational background; Controversies encountered by O'Shea regarding deep sea conversation issues; Difficulty of fixing a giant squid in formalin.
- A CONVERSATION WITH GARRETT HARDIN. Hayes, Harold // Atlantic (02769077);May81, Vol. 247 Issue 5, p60
Interviews biologist Garrett Hardin. Explanation of his controversial view that feeding starving people in developing will ultimately harm them; Comparison of the experience of China and India; Concern on the unrestrained human population growth; Explanation of the conundrum on the inability of...
- "Facts Compute, But They Don't Convert". Jones, Lisa // Sierra;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 88 Issue 4, p46
Interviews biologist Michael SoulÃ©. Relation of the world of science and politics to the environment; Information on how SoulÃ© employs the Buddhist values of love and compassion when faced with politicians who want to drill for gas in a place; Effectiveness of compassion as a tool to...
- Taxonomy: The Collector. // Nature;9/6/2007, Vol. 449 Issue 7158, p23
An interview with David Patterson, biologist and founder of the Encyclopedia of Life (EOL) Web site, is presented. Patterson reveals that the first edition of EOL will be released on February 2008. He hopes to include in the site some comprehensive information about 1.8 million known species...
- From the editors. // Nature Reviews Molecular Cell Biology;Jan2008, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p1
The article provides an overview on the content of the journal for 2008. The authors inferred that a series of 12 interviews conducted by molecular biologist Errol Friedberg with some of the pioneers in the field of molecular biology will be presented. They averred that the interviewees...
- Becoming the Shark Lady. MORTON, BROOKE // Scuba Diving;Jul2015, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p16
An interview with Dr. Eugenie Clark, a marine biologist who is known as "The Shark Lady," is presented, highlighting her favorite shark encounter, her shark bite, and her greatest accomplishments.
- SPOTLIGHT ON Epigenetics. // Biologist;Feb/Mar2014, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p32
An interview with Wolf Reik, head of the epigenetics programme at the Babraham Institute in Cambridge, England, is presented. Reik discusses about epigenetics, the study of any changes in gene activity, including its importance and the careers available on the field. He also discusses about his...