- Act-Up acts out. Dawson, R. // Commonweal;9/14/90, Vol. 117 Issue 15, p476
Opinion. Describes and objects to a demonstration led by the group ACT-UP during an ordination at Boston's Holy Cross Cathedral, which was held to support gay causes. Opinions toward Cardinal Bernard Law; Deeper significance of the demonstration.
- Act-up v. the church. Coleman, J.A. // Commonweal;9/27/91, Vol. 118 Issue 16, p533
Editorial. Studies the recent controversy over the video `Stop the Church,'which shows the strategy sessions planned by Act-up (AIDS Coalition to Unleash Power) to disrupt Sunday Mass at New York's St. Patrick's Cathedral. Focus on the decision of Los Angeles PBS station KCET to air the...
- Pressure points. Dixon, Bernard // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);4/6/96, Vol. 312 Issue 7035, p915
Comments on the achievements of acquired immunodeficiency disease syndrome (AIDS) activists in gaining support for biomedical research in the field of AIDS. Analysis by Steven Epstein regarding how AIDS activists in the United States have come to play central roles in the scientific battles;...
- Acting up to fight AIDS. Salholz, E.; McKillop, P. // Newsweek;6/6/1988, Vol. 111 Issue 23, p42
A gay organization called ACT UP was formed a year ago, and has since deliberately trespassed the bounds of good taste in a campaign to broaden the government's role in fighting AIDS. Whether the group can make a difference is still to be seen, but it plans to keep its controversial heat on. ...
- MINNESOTA. // Advocate;8/28/90, Issue 558, p32
Reports on the arrest of 17 AIDS activists in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- BIG BUCKS FOR THE '90s. Ocamb, Karen // Advocate;8/28/90, Issue 558, n p40
Profiles several AIDS activists in the United States. Bert Aoki; Terry Bean; Leonard Bloom; Debbie Carruth.
- Station identification. Ames, K. // Newsweek;2/4/1991, Vol. 117 Issue 5, p76
Describes recent demonstrations for AIDS research funds by AIDS Coalition to Unleash Power (ACT-UP).
- AIDS Education Month launches with new youth focus. Thomas, Angela // Philadelphia Gay News;6/7/2013, Vol. 37 Issue 23, p1
The article offers information on annual AIDS Education Month launched by an Philadelphia-based organization Philadelphia FIGHT.
- Senseless ACT. // New Scientist;8/1/92, Vol. 135 Issue 1832, p3
Comments on the activists at the AIDS conference that was held recently in Amsterdam. The official presence of activists was greater than ever but their message was muted; Activists' message was also fragmented; Problems within ACT UP.