They're Not All Teva-Wearing Frumps!
- Turning the Tide Revisited: An Interview With Noam Chomsky. GRANDIN, GREG // NACLA Report on the Americas;Spring2012, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p32
An interview with Noam Chomsky, professor emeritus at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), is presented. When asked about how Central America influenced his thinking about U.S. power in the world, Chomsky says that he regrets that he did not try to do too much about the escalating...
- Numerical Nomad. Hutson, Matthew // Psychology Today;July/Aug2007, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p39
An interview with Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) professor Erik Demaine is presented. He describes how he reacted to the commotion surrounding MIT hiring him at age 20. He says it was a joint decision between his dad and him to explore the world. He also says that he tries to be...
- Astro fascinations. Seager, Sara // Astronomy;May2009, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p11
An interview with Massachusetts Institute of Technology Associate Professor of Planetary Science and Associate Professor of Physics Sara Seager is presented. She discusses the aspect of exoplanet atmospheres that she finds most fascinating, noting that she is most interested in the elements...
- SIGHTINGS. Frankel, Felice // American Scientist;Jul/Aug2004, Vol. 92 Issue 4, p366
Interviews John Bush, associate professor of applied mathematics at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Factors that brought Bush to investigating the motion of water striders; Information on Denny's paradox, the assertion that infant water striders should be unable to move; Importance...
- IDEAS ON THE EDGE. Von Hippel, Eric; Baker, Edward // Baseline;Dec2005, Issue 52, Special Section p12
This article presents an interview with Eric von Hippel, a professor of management and head of the Innovation and Entrepreneurship at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. When asked about to describe the difference between user-led and manufacturer-led innovation, he refers to the history...
- Democracy and the Public University. Schein, Rebecca // Alternate Routes;2012, Vol. 23, p255
An interview with Noam Chomsky, a political theorist and activist, and Institute Professor Emeritus of linguistics at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), is presented. He discusses the features a public university, his work at MIT, and the relationship between democracy and a...
- Urban sage saw how web would change us. Hall, Sir Peter // Regeneration & Renewal;6/28/2010, p21
The article offers information on the works of Bill Mitchell, Professor of architecture and media arts and sciences at Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- MIT COMPLETES GROUND-BREAKING STUDIES ON STATUS OF WOMEN FACULTY. // Women's International Network News;Spring2002, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p85
Reports the completion of a study of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) on the status of women faculty in the university. Significance of the study; Percentage of the increase in the number of women at MIT in the 1990s; Issues addressed in the study.
- Arvind to Receive Harry H. Goode Memorial Award. // India -- West;5/18/2012, Vol. 37 Issue 26, pA20
The article offers information on Arvind, the Johnson Professor of Computer Science and Engineering at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Massachusetts who has been named as the recipient of the 2012 Harry H. Goode Memorial Award.