They're Not All Teva-Wearing Frumps!
- Urban sage saw how web would change us. Hall, Sir Peter // Regeneration & Renewal;6/28/2010, p21
The article offers information on the works of Bill Mitchell, Professor of architecture and media arts and sciences at Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- MIT COMPLETES GROUND-BREAKING STUDIES ON STATUS OF WOMEN FACULTY. // Women's International Network News;Spring2002, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p85
Reports the completion of a study of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) on the status of women faculty in the university. Significance of the study; Percentage of the increase in the number of women at MIT in the 1990s; Issues addressed in the study.
- Arvind to Receive Harry H. Goode Memorial Award. // India -- West;5/18/2012, Vol. 37 Issue 26, pA20
The article offers information on Arvind, the Johnson Professor of Computer Science and Engineering at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Massachusetts who has been named as the recipient of the 2012 Harry H. Goode Memorial Award.
- Funding for SPL medical examination. // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;May2009, Issue 815, p58
The article announces that Patrick Doyle, associate professor of chemical engineering at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, has been awarded a fellowship by the John Simon Guggenheim Memorial Foundation to fund an investigation into the possible medical application of microfabrication...
- CAREER CENTRAL. // MRS Bulletin;Oct2015, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p882
The article offers information on the invitation of various universities to college professors for several career changes including Iowa State University in Ames, Iowa, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in Cambridge, Massachusetts, and Pennsylvania State University in Pennsylvania.
- A Study on the Status of Women Faculty in Science at MIT. Hopkins, Nancy // AIP Conference Proceedings;2002, Vol. 628 Issue 1, p103
Focuses on a study on the status of women faculty in science at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in Cambridge. Personal view of the report; Progress for women faculty since 1999; Impact of the MIT report on women scientists outside MIT.
- Report: Women Throughout MIT Face Discrimination. // Black Issues in Higher Education;4/11/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p12
Focuses on a report which revealed that women faculty throughout the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Cambridge long have faced bias and inequality, released in March 2002. Other key findings; Purpose and significance of the report.
- WHY ORIGAMI IS CRITICAL TO NEW DRUGS. Kher, Unmesh; Smith, Matt // Time;9/12/2005, Vol. 166 Issue 11, p90
Profiles Erik Demaine, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology's youngest professor and mathematical prodigy. Co-writing of 100 papers by Demaine; Specialization in the computational theory of folded structures, most notably the mathematics underlying origami; Insights into sheet-metal...
- Harnessing the Power of Polymers. TRAFTON, ANNE // Technology Review;Nov/Dec2011, Vol. 114 Issue 6, pM16
The article discusses the contributions of U.S. professor Paula Hammond to the improvements and growth in the Department of Chemical Engineering of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). It says that Hammond helps run the department from 1986 to 2011 and also leads a polymer laboratory...