Stem Cell Research and Arthritis
- Osiris Therapeutics to Present at Citi 2011 Global Healthcare Conference. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;3/21/2011, p337
The article reports that president/chief executive officer (CEO) C. Randal Mills of Osiris Therapeutics Inc., will be part of the Citi 2011 Global Healthcare Conference as a speaker on March 2, 2011. It states that it is the leading stem cell company who develops and market drugs for serious...
- Nuvilex Forecasts Vast Partnership Opportunities Using Breakthrough Stem Cell Technology. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;3/7/2012, Vol. 21, p1
The article reports on a statement made by cell and gene therapy solutions provider Nuvilex Inc. regarding the benefits of implementing the company's cell encapsulation technology for applications in stem cell research and medicine. It informs that stem cell therapy is being used by clinicians...
- Different Stem Cells Unhappy in Their Own Way. Breindl, Anette // BioWorld Today;1/10/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 6, Special section p2
The article reports on a study by scientists from the University of California, San Diego and the Scripps Research Institute published in the January 6, 2011 issue of "Cell Stem Cell," which found that human embryonic stem cells and induced pluripotent stem cells have genomic instabilities.
- Stem Cell Efficiency: It's All Relative. Breindl, Anette // BioWorld Today;12/5/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 234, Special section p1
The article reports on the result of a study on the role of induced pluripotent stem cells (iPS) in mice development, which was conducted by scientists from the Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research and published in the December 2, 2011 issue of "Cell Stem Cell."
- KEEP TRYING. // Commonweal;2/26/2010, Vol. 137 Issue 4, p6
The article focuses on the results of a long-term research which raised doubts about the theorized parity between induced pluripotent stem cells (iPS) and human embryonic stem cells (hES).
- Italy's stem-cell challenge gaining momentum. Cattaneo, Elena; Cerbai, Elisabetta; Garagna, Silvia // Nature;2/11/2010, Vol. 463 Issue 7282, p729
In this article the author offers insight over the case concerning the decision of Italy to exclude the human embryonic stem cells from a ministerial research funding.
- Panel OKs Money for Stem Cell Clinical Trials. Chambers, Heather // San Diego Business Journal;3/15/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p8
The article reports that the governing board for the state's three billion dollars stem cell institute approved the funding for the development of new stem cell therapies in San Diego, California.
- Stem-Cell Research – Signposts and Roadblocks. // New England Journal of Medicine;12/22/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 25, p2728
A correction to the article "Stem-Cell Research-Signposts and Roadblocks," that was published in the July 7, 2005 issue is presented.
- Editorial. Williams, Clare // Clinical Ethics;2006, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p209
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Helen Busby on how individuals reflected on consent for epidemiology, and another by Naomi Pfeffer and Julie Kent on their stem cell initiative project.