The Right of Return (I)
- Contribution to UNRWA. // Presidents & Prime Ministers;Sep/Oct94, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p32
Reports on Canadian Foreign Minister Andre Oullet's announcement that Canada will contribute $2.62 million to the United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA) for Palestine Refugees in the Near East. Improvement of the life of Palestinian refugees as aim of contribution; Meeting of the...
- Palestinian Refugees in Lebanon and Syria Face Different, Uncertain Futures. Fecci, JoMarie // Washington Report on Middle East Affairs;Dec2000, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p26
Focuses on the social conditions of Palestinian refugees in Lebanon and Syria. Absence of financial assistance from the Lebanese government; Refusal by Lebanon to accept the de facto resettlement of Palestinian refugees; Desire by Palestine youths to emigrate to a Western country; Syrian...
- From Haifa, to Baghdad and then Santiago: Chile's Palestinian refugee community, past and present. Smith, Douglas // al-Majdal;Dec2010, Issue 45, p30
The article focuses on the Palestinian refugees in Chile, fleeing the repugnance of the U.S. invasion in Iraq in the spring of 2008. It mentions that the inefficient policies of foreign intervention in the Middle East such as the refusal to cross international borders have forced them to settle...
- Eyewitness in Gaza. Rapoport, L. // Commentary;Aug88, Vol. 86 Issue 2, p51
Reports on the situation in Jebaliya, a refugee camp in Israeli-occupied Palestinian Gaza. Experience of the Israeli army; Children fighting in the Arab army; View of the media; Palestinian uprising.
- LEBANON-PALESTINIANS. // Middle East Reporter (Daily Edition);9/26/2011, Vol. 199 Issue 5182, p4
The article reports on the divided stances among the Palestinian refugees in Lebanon over the speech of Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas at the United Nations (UN) General Assembly. It says that one group welcomed the speech while the other group expressed its reservations. Furthermore, the...
- Of war and peace and a family. Prusher, Ilene R. // Christian Science Monitor;8/16/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 186, p6
Focuses on Palestinian refugees in Lebanon who fled their homes after the declaration of the state of Israel in 1948. Problems presented to the Middle East peace process; Demands of the Palestinians that all refugees be allowed to return; Israel's preference that they be given financial...
- 2004: Jerusalem. // Lapham's Quarterly;Winter2015, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p166
An excerpt of an interview with Israeli journalist Benny Morris and Ari Shavit published in the journal "Haaretz," is presented.
- La salud mental en los campos palestinos del LÃbano. Forgione, Fabio // Revista Migraciones Forzadas;sep2012, Issue 40, p45
No abstract available.
- A greener future for Palestine? G.S. // Earth Island Journal;Winter93/94, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p24
Provides an overview on the environmental and social conditions Palestine. Lack of sewer lines; Destruction of the fishing industry by the Israeli occupation; International aid for Palestinians under the Israeli-Palestinian agreement.