- TAKING CHANCES. Maley, Frank // Business North Carolina;Feb2006, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p8
The article presents an interview with North Carolina Governor Mike Easley about economic development issues. Easley raises his views on measuring economic success. He talks about the challenges that came with taking control of the state budget. He also cites the effect of the state lottery on...
- Dean of Education Governors Departs. Manzo, Kathleen Kennedy // Education Week;01/10/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 16, p1
Reports the departure of North Carolina Governor Jim Hunt as the state's chief executive after four consecutive terms. Reputation as one of United States' most influential education governors; Commendations and criticisms received for focusing on education; Accomplishment of the early childhood...
- THE LURKER AT THE THRESHOLD. Kinney, David // Business North Carolina;Jan2002, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p18
Comments on the leadership of Republican Governor Jim Hunt of North Carolina. How he influenced policy making in the state government; Criticism on his attitude.
- N.c. Requests Campaign Flight Records From Politicians. // AirGuide Business;2/15/2010, p1
The article reports on the request made by the North Carolina Board of Elections to gubernatorial candidates to disclose information regarding their private campaign flights.
- 20 races to watch in 2000. Faucheux, Ron // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Feb2000, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p6
Offers a look at 20 of the most interesting political campaigns for the 2000 elections in the United States (US). US Senate in New York; Governor for North Carolina; US House of Representatives in California.
- N.C. Governor Declares Fiscal Emergency. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/1/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31419, p4
Reports the declaration of North Carolina governor Mike Easley on a fiscal emergency. Authority in cutting state budget and laying off of employees; Effectivity of the order; Deficit faced by lawmakers.
- Atlanta Taste of the Nation fundraiser grosses $775K. // Nation's Restaurant News;7/3/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 27, p14
The article reports that Atlanta's Taste of the Nation has raised a gross of $775,000 through the commitment of the city's restaurateurs, chefs, suppliers and generous community patrons to end hunger in Georgia. The amount was another national fundraising record that became the largest single...
- ...North Carolina... // Public Welfare;Fall96, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p30
Discloses that positive results have come out of North Carolina Governor James B. Hunt Jr.'s efforts to persuade businesses and churches to help welfare recipients overcome the barriers to employment. Decrease in welfare rolls since July 1995; Promotion of job shadowing by one business group;...
- Hunt Institute to Tutor Governors on Education. Archer, Jeff // Education Week;5/8/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 34, p5
No abstract available.