THE CLEAN-ELECTIONS MOVEMENT
- NEWSFRONT: OHIO. // Advocate;10/27/87, Issue 484, p26
Reports on the investigation on the allegations that the 1986 campaign committee of former Ohio Governor James Rhodes secretly gave funds to Ohio Citizens for Decency and Health (OCDH), an anti-gay organization. Claim that the OCDH used the money to disseminate information against Rhodes'...
- Campaign reform `97. // Christian Science Monitor;1/27/97, Vol. 89 Issue 42, p20
Presents information on attempted reforms of electoral campaigns in the United States, focusing on campaign funds. Differences in opinion on how campaign funds should be raised; Announcements made by United States President Bill Clinton; Goals of campaign fund reform.
- The dog that didn't bark. Navarro, Peter // Christian Science Monitor;7/7/97, Vol. 89 Issue 154, p19
Opinion. Discusses campaign financing in the United States. Public financing of elections; A comparison of elections in Los Angeles, California before and after public financing of elections was instituted; The impact that term limits could have on public financing; Public support for public...
- Let's invest campaign finance dollars. Alley, Michael J. // Indianapolis Business Journal;01/10/2000, Vol. 20 Issue 44, p13A
Suggests an alternative to the costly political campaigns of the late 20th century in the United States. Assessment of the results of the presidential election in 1888; Candidates' limiting of public appearance; Use of communications media; Shortening of time frame of primaries and general...
- Cold cash. Poundstone, Paula // Mother Jones;Nov/Dec94, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p88
Supports campaign finance reform. Disadvantages of a system where candidates requires large sums of money to run for office; Unpleasant compromises fostered by present system.
- Campaign Reform: A Way Forward. TAYLOR, PAUL // Washington Monthly;Mar99, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p34
Discusses the election campaign in the United States. Wrong kind of records during the 1998 mid-term elections; Controversy surrounding the campaign finance system; Factors which have transformed the way campaigns are made.
- State journal. Portner, Jessica; Harp, Lonnie // Education Week;11/20/96, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p10
Reports on developments related to campaigns and funding in the United States for the week ending November 20, 1996. Proposal to provide millions of dollars in college scholarships to high school students; Details of the New Century Scholars program; Passing of a revamped financing system.
- Campaign reform in 3-D. Faucheux, Ron // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Apr97, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p5
Discusses information on campaign reforms. Problem of campaign reform; Reform proposals being considered; McCain-Feingold bill; How the capping campaign violates the First Amendment; Three components that compose real campaign reform; Disclosure; Deregulation; Others; How can the true reform...
- Dollars and doldrums. Faucheux, Ron // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Aug2002, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p7
Discusses issues on midterm elections in the U.S. as of August 2002. Estimated amount of campaign funds raised for each candidate; Fiscal implications for state governments; States whose Republican governorships on ballot are at critical risk.