- Vegetarians live longer. // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Feb95, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p42
Compares the diet of vegetarians and meat eaters. Heart disease mortality; Cancer mortality; Benefits.
- Consumer Guide. Sullivan, Karin Horgan // Natural Health;Nov/Dec98, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p121
Presents a five week plan for a healthier diet. Views of dietitians regarding food consumption; Importance of drinking water; Effects of consuming coffee and soda instead of water, according to dietitian Suzanne Halava; Health benefits of vegetarianism; Directions for cooking healthy food...
- Cosmo body. Rigotti, Nancy // Cosmopolitan;Oct97, Vol. 223 Issue 4, p70
Presents questions and answers about body care and dieting. Causes of dizziness during a woman's menstrual period; Best foods for replacement of meat for a vegetarian diet; Disease that have a symptom of frequent urination. INSET: Pubic lumps: Ignore or investigate?..
- ASK THE DOC HOW TO GO FROM PART-TIME TO FULL-TIME vegetarian. Barnard, Neal // Vegetarian Times;Jan2005, Issue 327, p33
Presents answers to questions about vegetarianism. Steps in switching to a totally meatless diet; Tips on choosing meatless products such as soy sausages; Health benefits of a vegetarian diet.
- VEGETARIAN DIET LOWERS BLOOD PRESSURE. Berkow, Susan E.; Barnard, Neal D. // New Vegetarian & Natural Health;Spring2005, p89
Reports on the health benefits of a vegetarian diet. Regulation of blood pressure; Tendency of plant-based foods to modulate blood viscosity; Reason why vegetarians' blood pressure is often in the healthy range; Reduction in the risk of stroke, heart attack and kidney failure.
- veg out the right way! // Seventeen;Nov2008, Vol. 67 Issue 11, p69
The article discusses the health benefits of a vegetable diet and provides meal suggestions for vegetarians. Vegetarians can sometimes overdo it on pasta, since it's easy to cook and tastes good. Add veggies to get some fiber, plus protein to keep you strong. Cheese is a great source of protein,...
- Where's The Beef? // Weekly Reader News - Edition 3;2/27/2009, Vol. 78 Issue 19, p2
The article reports that a recent study found a growing number of children in the U.S. who does not eat meat. Researchers says roughly 367,000 children in the country are vegetarians. They interviewed thousands of parents about their kids' diet. Some families believe it is healthier to eat more...
- Vegetarian diets. Mann, Jim // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;9/5/2009, Vol. 339 Issue 7720, p325
The article discusses the health and ecological benefits of vegetarian diets. According to the author, some ethnic and religious groups consume vegetarian diets for ethical reasons while other people go for vegetarian diets for health reasons. Vegetarianism is said to cover a range of dietary...
- THOMAS TRYON'S A BILL OF FARE OF SEVENTY FIVE NOBLE DISHES. O'Connell, Anne // Petits Propos Culinaires;Dec2003, Issue 74, p45
Features the vegetarian recipe book "A Bill of Fare of Seventy Five Noble Dishes," written by the 17th century author Thomas Tyron. Efforts of Tyron to promote good health through a vegetarian diet; Other issues addressed by Tyron; Examples of rules on health and diet listed in the book.