Stop Norway's Arctic Drilling
- Take Stat! // New Internationalist;Apr2010, Issue 431, p19
The article discusses the involvement of the Norwegian Statoil company in the tar sands project in Alberta, Canada, and opposition in Norway led by Greenpeace Nordic organization, which has caused the company to put the project on hold.
- This Land is No One's Land. // Earth Island Journal;Summer2013, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p5
The article reports on how northern nations are making efforts to claim the polar Arctic region. In 2007, a Russian submarine planted a Russian flag on the seabed underneath the North Pole, symbolizing territorial claim. Norway's Statoil ASA is planning to start underwater drilling in 2014....
- Greenpeace board Statoil's Transocean Spitsbergen rig in the Barents Sea. // World Energy News;5/27/2014, p6
The article reports that oil and gas exploration company Statoil's drilling rig Transocean Spitsbergen was boarded by Greenpeace activists on May 27, 2014. Statoil had got approval from the Norwegian Ministry of Climate and Environment to start drilling operations at the Apollo Prospect in the...
- Justice begun. Schmidt, Victor // Offshore;Oct98, Vol. 58 Issue 10, p10
Reports that six Greenpeace activists were arrested by police in late August 1998 after they boarded the Deepsea Bergen, a semisubmersible under contract to Statoil AS.
- THE TALK OF THE TOWN. // New Yorker;8/15/83, Vol. 59 Issue 26, p23
The article presents notes and comments on major developments in the U.S. Six members of Greenpeace where detained after they went ashore from their ship "Rainbow Warrior," to gather information about the Russian whaling station at Lorino, on Chukchi peninsula of Siberia, Russia. Greenpeace is...
- Your feedback. // Greenpeace Update;Winter2004, Vol. 9 Issue 3/4, p17
Presents commentaries regarding the efforts and initiatives undertaken by Greenpeace organization to protect and preserve the environment.
- Statoil hits overseas targets ahead of schedule. // Offshore;Apr96, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p70
Focuses on Statoil SA's oil exploration operations in Norway. Establishment of overseas activities as important source of income; Targeted production.
- Troll gas on tap and on offer. Beckman, Jeremy // Offshore;Aug96, Vol. 56 Issue 8, p20
Reports on the possibility that Statoil's production from the Troll gasfield could more than double if new markets are found. Statoil's assumption of operatorship of the gasfield from development phase operator Norske Shell; Signing of a long-term agreement with Linde to seek more cost-effective...
- Aasgard workover vessel rejected. Beckman, Jeremy // Offshore;Sep96, Vol. 56 Issue 9, p20
Reports on the cancellation of a provisional order for a well workover/completion vessel for the Aasgard development by Statoil.