- Boost Pell grants to $5,000. McGovern, James P. // Christian Science Monitor;5/7/97, Vol. 89 Issue 113, p20
Opinion. Discusses the need for increased funding for college students in the United States. Reasons expressed by the Boston-based Education Resources for low-income students needing grant aid; Problems associated with Pell Grant funding; Proposal by President Clinton to raise the maximum Pell...
- Broken College-Scholarship Promise Strands D.C. Students. Gewertz, Catherine // Education Week;01/17/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 18, p6
Reports the failure to fulfill the promises given to students for a college-scholarship in Washington, D.C. Number of teenagers promised for a scholarship; Background of George Abel, the scholarship sponsor; Support given by the D.C. College Access Program to students.
- Fellowships open doors in students' lives. Conover, Kirsten A. // Christian Science Monitor;9/30/96, Vol. 88 Issue 214, p12
Looks at the benefits of residential fellowship awards to college students. Explanation of a residential fellowship and who are eligible for them; opportunities available for recipients of fellowships; Comments from Constance Chen, a senior at Harvard and Radcliffe Colleges, who received a...
- Homegrown Scholarships for Turning Dreams Into Reality. Peck, Carol G. // School Administrator;Jun2002, Vol. 59 Issue 6, p34
Comments on the benefits of homegrown scholarships for college students. Inquiries on how teachers may influence their students to get into scholarships; Emphasis on the role of school districts on homegrown scholarships; Involvement of school district employees in scholarships.
- Get in shape: A total scholarship workout. // Career World;Feb99, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p4
Discusses the criteria used by colleges in approving students' scholarship applications. Importance to build up all academic strengths; Practice of leadership skills; Examples of scholarships available.
- Students, start putting together SAFE Scholarship applications now! // SportsTurf;Aug2012, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p41
The article calls for students in collegiate turfgrass programs in the U.S. to apply for the scholarship funded by the SAFE Foundation before the deadline on October 15, 2012.
- Photo scholarships awarded. // Editor & Publisher;8/20/94, Vol. 127 Issue 34, p29
Reports on the Bob Baxter Scholarship Foundation's awarding of three $1,000 scholarships to college students studying to become press photographers.
- Furniture students are fit for support. // Cabinet Maker;7/23/2010, Issue 5697, p10
The article reports that furniture students at Bucks New University and Oxford and Cherwell Valley College have received new scholarships and bursaries funded by the Furnishing Industry Trust in Great Britain.
- Mutual Education Of Neighbors. // America;3/24/1984, Vol. 150 Issue 11, p202
The article highlights "The Miami Report," a document issued by several businessmen in Florida that recommends the creation of a college scholarship program for the youth of Central America and the Caribbean countries. Under such a program, these youth would receive technical training in U.S....