Sound advice, roundly dismissed
- Don't Miss Reading. // HR Magazine;Dec2011, Vol. 56 Issue 12, p64
The article presents two book reviews, "2012 Multistate Payroll Guide," by John F. Buckley, and "Fair Pay, Fair Play," by Robin A. Ferracone.
- New Books for Boards. Michals, Gretchen // NACD Directorship;Jun/Jul2010, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p72
The article reviews the books "Fair Pay, Fair Play: Aligning Executive Performance and Pay," by Robin A. Ferracone, "Surviving and Thriving in Uncertainty: Creating the Risk Intelligent Enterprise," by Frederick Funston and Stephen Wagner and "The Power of Pull: How Small Moves, Smartly Made,Can...
- The scholar's apprentice. Neusner, J. // Quintessence International;Jun1978, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p42
An excerpt from an article on various traits of mind characterizing scholars by J. Neusner, published in the journal "Higher Education,' is presented.
- What Israelis Can Teach Chinese. Jian Xueqin // Points East;Jul2012, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p8
An excerpt from the website located at http://the-diplomat.com/china-power/2012/05/13/what-israel-can-teach-china/ is presented.
- How Canada can become a significant player in Asia. Stephens, Hugh // South Asian Post;10/4/2012, p22
An excerpt from a piece originally published in The Diplomat is presented.
- ART HAUNTS. O'KANE, JOHN // AMASS;Sep2011, Vol. 16 Issue 41, p32
An excerpt from "Venice, CA: A City-State of Mind" is presented.
- FROM THE PAGES OF TIME. // Time International (South Pacific Edition);11/9/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 18, p26
An excerpt from the April 4, 1960 issue about Australia's cultural coming of age is presented.
- THE GOOD LUCK ERA: THE PLACER MINING DAYS IN CALIFORNIA IN THE 1850'S. Peters, Charles // Western States Jewish History;Spring2001, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p220
An excerpt from the book "The Good Luck Era: The Placer Mining Days in California in the 1850's," by Charles Peters is presented.
- Puddle Glitter. KIDD CRAWFORD, EVE // New Orleans Magazine;Nov2011, p59
An excerpt from the Eve Kidd Crawford's blog is presented.