- Armpit temperature is just as good as rectal temperature. // Consumers' Research Magazine;Aug96, Vol. 79 Issue 8, p7
Reports on the result of a study published in the `American Medical News' showing the similarities of temperatures taken from the rectum and from the armpit. Accuracy of axillary temperature measurement.
- Bottled water and tooth decay. // Pediatrics for Parents;1997, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p2
Informs that bottled water may contribute to dental decay which appeared in the `American Medical News.' Composition of bottled water sold in the United States; Sources of enamel-toughening fluoride; Comment of some dentist on the issue.
- Instant insurance claim adjudication works well for gyns. // Contemporary OB/GYN;Oct2009, Vol. 54 Issue 10, p26
The article focuses on a report about instant claims adjudication published in "American Medical News." It showed that gynecologists are more successful with instant claims adjudication than any other group of specialists, with 89% of gynecology claims resolved in less than 10 seconds. It cites...
- AMA has closed the book on American Medical News. Iskowitz, Marc // Medical Marketing & Media;Oct2013, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p18
The article reports that the American Medical Association (AMA) has ended its 55-year publishing history for the periodical "American Medical News" on September 2, 2013 due to declining advertising revenue.
- Who is the Enemy? // Clinician Reviews;Nov2012, Vol. 22 Issue 11, preceding p1
The article discusses the role of ignorance in the ongoing rhetoric in the medical and lay press questioning the competence of physician assistants (PAs) and nurse practitioners (NPs). It mentions several published reports that are said to have inaccurate perceptions about PAs and NPs, one is a...
- What's Up, Doc? Moore, W. John // National Journal;10/30/99, Vol. 31 Issue 44, p3158
Comments on a bill on managed care plans in the United States. Evidence of the role of the American Medical Association in getting the law approved; Advantages of the bill for patients; Complaints of doctors on managed care; How the `American Medical News' magazine described the passage of the bill.
- The Seriousness of Depression. Kattenburg, Kathy // Moderate Voice;8/9/2010, p14
The article offers information related to depression in the U.S. It cites various facts regarding depression including its economic cost in the U.S. worth 30 billion dollars per year, being the leading cause of disability, and the fourth leading source of global burden of disease according to...
- Mullikin disputes reported problems. Kertesz, Louise // Modern Healthcare;1/9/95, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p22
Reports on Mullikin Medical Center's (MMC) denial of a report published in the `American Medical News' magazine regarding its financial problems. MMC's decision to retain Smith Barney for advice on ways to raise capital; Magazine's emphasis on MMC's need for massive infusion of capital to...
- Court rejects hospital's attempt to limit admitting privileges. // Contemporary OB/GYN;Jun2009, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p27
The article discusses a court case, published in "American Medical News," wherein a state trial court in Arkansas determined that it was improper for a hospital to use a credentialing policy that denied admitting privileges to physicians with interest in their competitors. The case involved...