A new design in Kentucky's emergency care
- Best hospitals in the U.S.--sez who? // HealthFacts;May97, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p1
Focuses on a scholarly assessment of the `U.S. News' magazine's system of ranking the best hospitals in the United States. Article published in the April 9, 1997 issue of `Journal of the American Medical Association'; Opinion survey of physicians designated by their peers as leaders in their fields.
- Hospitals' performance rated by length of stay. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Jul96, Vol. 50 Issue 7, p20
Reports on Milliman & Roberts' release of an index that measures a hospital's performance in managing inpatient length of stay by diagnosis or procedure against the most efficient practices in the country. Results of an evaluation of hospitals conducted using the LOS Efficiency Index; States...
- A dog day rebound. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;1/20/95, Vol. 69 Issue 2, p70
Reports on the performance of hospitals in the United States for August 1994. Trends in health care; Admission of patients; Revenues; Physician practice patterns.
- QUALITY WATCH. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;8/20/95, Vol. 69 Issue 16, p11
Focuses on the July 24, 1995 issue of `U.S. News and World Report's,' an annual survey of hospitals in the United States. Use of a model designed by the National opinion Research Center; Specialties and hospitals included; Publication of a book on the ranking.
- Quality watch. Montague, Jim; Pitman, Hilarie // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;2/5/96, Vol. 70 Issue 3, p14
Reports on the 1995 list of `100 Top Hospitals--Benchmarks for Success'. Financial performance; Statistics; Contact information.
- JCAHO unveils new rating system. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;03/20/97, Vol. 71 Issue 6, p92
Features a program by the US Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations aiming to evaluate the performance of hospitals. Judging hospitals on how well their patients fare and how well their facilities are run; Two areas to be evaluated.
- AHA criticizes JCAHO proposal for `star' rating system for hospital. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;9/5/94, Vol. 68 Issue 17, p10
Reports on the hospitals rating system proposed by a JCAHO task force and the reaction and criticism from American Hospital Association (AHA). Information on the proposed rating system; Disadvantages of the system according to AHA; Recommendations of AHA.
- MARKING THE PASSAGE OF TIME. Bazemore, Patricia H.; Soreff, Stephen M. // Behavioral Healthcare;Jul/Aug2009, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p16
A review is offered for the Worcester Lunatic Hospital located in Worcester, Massachusetts.
- America's best hospitals. Findlay, S. // U.S. News & World Report;4/30/90, Vol. 108 Issue 17, p51
Reports on `U.S. News' first-ever large-scale survey to identify the nation's leading hospitals. Inherent risks in hospital care; Routine medical care. The best of the best include the Mayo Clinic, Johns Hopkins, Duke University, Massachusetts General (Boston), UCLA, University of Washington...
- The local alternatives. Silberner, J. // U.S. News & World Report;4/30/90, Vol. 108 Issue 17, p54
Discusses choosing a local hospital and covers factors such as type of hospital (teaching, nonprofit, for-profit, government), mortality rates, infection rates, cost, and life-threatening situations. INSET: What mortality rates don't tell you, by S. Findlay..